First Shelby Cobra Oil Change

• Sponsors (?)

I myself use Mobil1 filters and synthetic oil. The best IMO.

Mobil makes a fine motor oil and I have used it for years. Unfortunatly, they do not yet market the correct 5W50 weight oil here in the USA.

Right now the only two available choices that meet the specs are the Castrol Syntec or the Motorcraft Synthetic. These are both produced by BP for different marketing organizations. Mobil has suggested to me that the required 5W50 might be available sometime toward the end of the year. It is already sold in Europe with a slightly different additive package.

Motorcraft makets a very good spec filter at a very fair price. They are made by purolator and are very close to the PureOne specs. The FL820S is available for about $3 at many discount stores. Many of the 'also fits' brands do not meet all the specs.

I noticed recently that Mobil 1 has their own brand of oil filter. Does anyone know anything about them?

They are a quality filter, at one time manufactured by Purolator under contract to a specific standard with synthetic media. Similar to the PureOne filters.

Just FYI, while not EXACLTY the same, the motorcraft FL820S is also a synthetic media filter manufactured by purolator and sold at a MUCH lower price do to efficiency of producing very large quantities and mass marketing.