First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

this tune was saved before i made any changes to it for the 30lbs ,,blucifer 19lbs tune was bone stock and was the tune me and you did the class for, car worked amazing, only changes i made here were to the ve tables and closed loop adaptive idle curve to control hot idle.

the second tune is what i have now the only change i made to this tune was injector dead time and offset and req fuel,"320cc" i didnt touch anything else.. 30lb ford racing injectors trickflow twisted wedge heads 61cc chambers 170cc, intake valve 2.020 exhaust 1.600, 70mm bbk throttle body, Gt40 lower,cobra upper, trickflow stage one camshaft, 255lph pump..

Attachments

• 2019-04-20_00.41.17.msq-Blucifer 19lb injector tune.. april 20th.msq
    120.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 2019-04-20_00.53.58.msq- 30lb 320cc injector tune trickflow top end kit.msq
    120.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Captain Steve to the rescue...dunn dunn dadunn

kinda hope its steve to the rescue LOL cause i thought i did something wrong during the build.. basically ended up going over everything 10 times to make sure i didnt mess something up.... this car burnt so rich it blackend new plugs in 5 mins...
you could say im alittle stressed about this LOL 6days of nonstop work for it to basically go bat :poo: backwards and not work... completely stressfull

Attachments

• 58049106_1227460420761872_2789670366438490112_n.jpg
    58049106_1227460420761872_2789670366438490112_n.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 48
Steve is by far the best at tuning than I am, but a quick review I saw a couple items.

Required Fuel should be 13.2 (You can just put in 30 and use the lb/hr option)
Injector Dead-time = 0.559
Battery Voltage Correction = 0.098

I ran your injector settings which they look to the the FRPP B302 injectors.

Reactions: 1 user
Steve is by far the best at tuning than I am, but a quick review I saw a couple items.

Required Fuel should be 13.2 (You can just put in 30 and use the lb/hr option)
Injector Dead-time = 0.559
Battery Voltage Correction = 0.098

I ran your injector settings which they look to the the FRPP B302 injectors.

so i take it the 0280150945 f1se e9a ford racing red tops that i have are the same ones as the ones you mentioned.. maybe older versions?

There were two different 30lb red tops out there the B302 and the BB302. Looking up the part number of "Bosch 0280150945" which is the manufactuer that makes the FRPP injectors it came back with more FRPP part numbers of the B302.

There were two different 30lb red tops out there the B302 and the BB302. Looking up the part number of "Bosch 0280150945" which is the manufactuer that makes the FRPP injectors it came back with more FRPP part numbers of the B302.

ok well thanks for the tip.. cause i searched everywhere for some sort of information on my injectors... and i barely found a shred of info about them, also none of the information i found seemed remotely reliable and i didnt trust it. kinda was all over the place.. but i think the tune i have is wayyy to big for what i have now.. to me it seems like it needs major tweaking for it to run remotely right. I thought the problem i had was mechanical because of everything i changed.. but as of right now im positive its gotta be the tune. theres no way 30lb injectors can have the same Ve values as 19s even with the req fuel adjustments.. once again i feel like im over my head.. haha

looks like you have it covered for now. If these settings do not work then I will step in, swamped at work at the moment

i guess ill give these numbers a shot and see what it does.. But like i said i have a feeling im gonna have to redo a bunch of stuff.. I just need the dam thing to idle so i can get to work on adjusting it.. but as for what happend yesturday theres no way i could do anything...

It's still all the same work as you did with the stock engine. You just needed to have the right settings in the beginning and then start the tuning process of making Target AFR to Actual AFR as you did before. There is only 3 parts to an engine running Air, Fuel, and Spark...Well you have the spark taken care of, so that leaves the Air and Fuel. Fuel is taken care of with the new injector settings, so that leaves Air.

This means update the VE table...

It's still all the same work as you did with the stock engine. You just needed to have the right settings in the beginning and then start the tuning process of making Target AFR to Actual AFR as you did before. There is only 3 parts to an engine running Air, Fuel, and Spark...Well you have the spark taken care of, so that leaves the Air and Fuel. Fuel is taken care of with the new injector settings, so that leaves Air.

This means update the VE table...

so what your saying is basically i have to rescale my ve table to my injectors.. great more math LOL not my strongest asset..

Type in the new injectors first then see what changes need to be done to the VE Table. You just added more air to the equation with the H/C/I, so yes there will need to be changes to the VE Table.

Also, thats why we have VEAL and MegaLogViewer to help us :D

Type in the new injectors first then see what changes need to be done to the VE Table. You just added more air to the equation with the H/C/I, so yes there will need to be changes to the VE Table.

i really try not to use VEAL, cause im still getting the hang of tuning.. i barely call myself a novice tuner lol because im still learning.. so exactly how do i go about scaling the ve table.. is there a formula that used to help aid with doing it that will help me figure it out. im kind of pressed for time with this. i have one more day basically then im just about screwed lol so right now quicker is better for me

i do have a question tho... would the car running super pig rich cause the map to be high? cause i did notice in the data log when it did start the map was like 90 something at 500rpms.. i just hope that its not a vac leak in the intake.. which i cant see that happening because i sealed that sucker up pretty dam good

i do have a question tho... would the car running super pig rich cause the map to be high? cause i did notice in the data log when it did start the map was like 90 something at 500rpms.. i just hope that its not a vac leak in the intake.. which i cant see that happening because i sealed that sucker up pretty dam good

YES!!!! That would be an issue

well i guess im gonna head out to the shop and put the upper intake back on, i took it off to do some checks to make sure everything was where it should be.. so ill restab my dizzy get the timing and give those injector settings a try. this time im gonna have to remember to start a datalog so i can catch what its doing while running.. cause the datalog i did get wasnt the best one cause i had my fuel pump turned off so i didnt flood the hell out of it.. i really wish i had taken a datalog when i had it running for the 5mins, i feel that would have told me alot about whats going on, when the car idled up when i hit burn during the datalog i took the map did go down. so i dont think its a vac leak or anything..