First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

ok well im running the Ms2pnp and the version i belive is 3.3.1v my ecu was made in october of this year if that helps.. if that doesnt sound right let me kno where i can find the version/firmware version number your asking about.. and sorry for the tardy response,, my work takes me away from the computer alot cause theres no signal up in the bush lol
ok well im running the Ms2pnp and the version i belive is 3.3.1v my ecu was made in october of this year if that helps.. if that doesnt sound right let me kno where i can find the version/firmware version number your asking about.. and sorry for the tardy response,, my work takes me away from the computer alot cause theres no signal up in the bush lol

No your ECU board, its physical wiring is v3.57... if you bought it recently then it's this one.

yea its date the box was made is 18/10 on the ms itself.. but when i switched the valve from inverted to normal.. shes idled up and hung at 2k until i shut it off.. i tried some datalogs. got 2 actually.

• Sponsors (?)

yea its date the box was made is 18/10 on the ms itself.. but when i switched the valve from inverted to normal.. shes idled up and hung at 2k until i shut it off.. i tried some datalogs. got 2 actually.
Ok post the datalogs here
Ok post the datalogs here

01 and 02 were a tune i changed and some reason the ms2pnp didnt like it so on 03 i had to go back to my march 8th tune when the car idled ok.. dam car was burning pig rich and stinky and the headers were nice and hot.. not red hot ,, but hot enough to sizzle moisture from your finger.. i had to readjust my timing too.. was 6 degrees off from my last start.. got it back to matching 20 on fixed.. runs nice but still kinda rich .. and the high idle i havnt tried changing anything yet. figured get some datalogs before i fiddle with that incase thats not the problem

Attachments

• 2019-03-09_13.43.25.msl-blucifer1.msl
    121.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 2019-03-09_13.49.19.mslblucifer2.msl
    241.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 2019-03-09_16.13.22.mslclucifer03.msl
    561.2 KB · Views: 130
Is your engine completely stock??

yes its completely stock as of right now... im just tryin to figure this thing out so i can tune my build... i just wanted to get the megasquirt working as the car sits right now so i have something solid to build off of instead of a "common basemap" for when i build my motor... the motor ill be building is the 302 thats in the car.. just with a 93 cobra intake. tfs-stage one cam. 1.6RR Trickflow 170cc 61cc chamber heads 70mm throttle body. 30lb injectors 255lph fuel pump.. also im just waiting on my wideband to get here from summit racing so i can hook that up instead of being stuck using the narrowbands.. and as for your message Thats cool man and ill for sure get ahold of you sometime soon "ill message you on stangnet first tho" we are supose to have a few nice warm days where im at so i plan on doing some tinkering while im home ..

#1 the only time I disable ego at idle is before i have the ego PID loop tuned. Or the cam has substantial overlap causing reversion. (Read really BIG cam)

#2 yes, however you are not targeting stoic in your tune, and the ethonal mixed into the fuel throws this number off. Until you have a wideband leave it disabled.

Did you get a chance to try the tune? I adjusted the injector slopes for the stock injectors the basetunes all have generic numbers and this must be done

#1 the only time I disable ego at idle is before i have the ego PID loop tuned. Or the cam has substantial overlap causing reversion. (Read really BIG cam)

#2 yes, however you are not targeting stoic in your tune, and the ethonal mixed into the fuel throws this number off. Until you have a wideband leave it disabled.

Did you get a chance to try the tune? I adjusted the injector slopes for the stock injectors the basetunes all have generic numbers and this must be done

no I wasnt able to try that tune today...... was storming like a Mofo here and was freezing cold and super windy so kinda got stuck inside,, plus i had no wood stacked up for the stove in the shop so i had to go and get some lmfao, but im doing it tomorrow for sure because i got all day to tinker and play so thats the plan.

i did review the tune tho... looks like you made some small changes lol i noticed a bit more timing on the ign table.. alittle leaner afrs in the afr table.... but i will be loading that up first thing in the morning tomorrow and running a datalog....

-I changed the injector dead time and voltage offsets
-AFR table to one i use in my 260-360 CID SBF engines -one of my base tune files
-Ignition table is setup for a SBF with 260-360 CID and up to 10:1 comp with aluminum heads assuming 89-91 octane- one of my base tune files
-changed the idle parameters, this one was the major change, you will now be running closed loop idle... I set it up with some 'best guess' information mostly from experience, once you try it and datalog i will know what to tell you to do.

-AFR table to one i use in my 260-360 CID SBF engines -one of my base tune files
-Ignition table is setup for a SBF with 260-360 CID and up to 10:1 comp with aluminum heads assuming 89-91 octane- one of my base tune files
-changed the idle parameters, this one was the major change, you will now be running closed loop idle... I set it up with some 'best guess' information mostly from experience, once you try it and datalog i will know what to tell you to do.

okie dokie man .. i tell ya tho im happy that i didnt decide to wait to do this megsquirt until after i built my new motor.. i would of been :poo:ting bricks if it was doing all this with a fresh top end and cam.. LOL 3k rpm on first startup ... id start cryin HAHA.. so ill for sure be on here tomorrow around lunch to let ya kno how it goes.. ill post the datalog too

another dumb question lol should i use "include afr target" or just leave it "dont not include afr target"?? i was reading thru the mega maunal and then i checked my tune and i have it on "dont include".. should i set that sucker to include?

Not really a problem per se... you can still tune the car just fine with it off. It has an impact on how the fueling equation is calculated. With it off you have to retune the ve table when you make a change to the AfR table, with it on fuelstoicvalue/AFRtablevalue is added to the fuel equation. This mean once you have an area tuned correctly you no longer have to touch the ve table to get a new afr value, you just change the afr table to the new value in that afr/Kpa cell.
Broad statements are how people get mis information.

Not really a problem per se... you can still tune the car just fine with it off. It has an impact on how the fueling equation is calculated. With it off you have to retune the ve table when you make a change to the AfR table, with it on fuelstoicvalue/AFRtablevalue is added to the fuel equation. This mean once you have an area tuned correctly you no longer have to touch the ve table to get a new afr value, you just change the afr table to the new value in that afr/Kpa cell.
Broad statements are how people get mis information.

k well im about to load up your tune and give it a try... one question tho with it idling up so high 38.x degrees of timing isnt gonna hurt nothing right in the table you provided lol just figured id ask before i really mess something up.... but im just about to load your tune and fire it up to see what it does