First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

Idle advance is not what's activating, CL idle is activating on deceleration and the valve is going to almost full closed, so when you press in the clutch it starves the engine for air.

They are 2 different things that both work together to control the idle.

ok see thats where im gettin screwed up... so the idle advance settings should be left alone and the max decel raised? because im literally crackin my bodykit molding with the stalling happening.. from popping the clutch so id like this figured out so i can atleast enjoy a drive without worrying

• Sponsors (?)

Idle advance is not what's activating, CL idle is activating on deceleration and the valve is going to almost full closed, so when you press in the clutch it starves the engine for air.

They are 2 different things that both work together to control the idle.

there thats abit better.. but its still bucking under light throttle.. the datalog here you can see the wavey pattern of the revs buckin under light throttle.. has to be a timing issue or something..

Attachments

• 2019-05-08_18.05.03.msl-drive.msl
    4.7 MB · Views: 143
Ok, so try altering the timing table some... this is the tuning part... looking at the log file you may want to simply smooth the table between idle and 2500 rpm when this tends to happen. also your idle is dipping below target then coming back up, you may want to try a .5-1 second delay on the advanced idle timing activation to see if it helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, so try altering the timing table some... this is the tuning part... looking at the log file you may want to simply smooth the table between idle and 2500 rpm when this tends to happen. also your idle is dipping below target then coming back up, you may want to try a .5-1 second delay on the advanced idle timing activation to see if it helps.

well alright you know i hate messing with the timing table. lol but ill give it a try.. and ill add a .5 second to the idle advance delay to see if that helps. heres a pic of the smoothed idle to 2500, i figured since im idling at around 60ish/KPA might aswell go from 70 down and over to 2500. but if thats a problem let me kno

Attachments

• smoothed timing idle to 2500.jpg
    smoothed timing idle to 2500.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
well i think ive got it.. but it seems now to only drop low when the cars fully hot.. kinda weird how when it cold or warming up its fine.. but when full temp. it wants to drop.

Attachments

• 2019-05-11_13.57.28.msl-quick drive.msl
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
  • 2019-05-11_14.30.50.msq- Blucifer may 11th.msq
    121.3 KB · Views: 118
Im finally gettin my targets to match... mostly thru this ride i was on point.. couple spots im alittle rich on high revs but thats fine.. but i noticed most of the datalog shows a 3% swing each way of the Ego correction.. so im gettin real close to dialed in. just gotta work on some 1st and 2nd pulls to get the areas i didnt touch. its not stalling anymore when stopping so thats great. has slight bucking under light throttle at crusie but goes away with alittle throttle. and my low speed bucking is almost non exsistant.. but all in all its all going pretty decent and ive got no complaints

Attachments

• 2019-05-12_14.17.49.msl-short ride.msl
    11.5 MB · Views: 169
Sounds like you are really getting it dialed in. The low speed bucking is typically the need of more smoothing of that VE table section and smooth timing transitions

Sounds like you are really getting it dialed in. The low speed bucking is typically the need of more smoothing of that VE table section and smooth timing transitions

Ya ive noticed the closer to target the low speed afr gets. The lighter the bucking gets.. But after each run ive been smoothing my Ve table out. Also smoothed my timing from idle to 2500. Seems to help curb the back talk from the car. But a few more decent rides and im gonna start on accel enrichment. Cause autotune is barely making any changes. Did a 30min drive yesturday. It made literally 5 cell changes on hard. So the ve tables seems pretty good.. I havnt really been up in the 4500-5000 rpms much so that needs tweaking. But that will come after my 500km oil change..

anyone kno where i could get the formulas for custom fields for megalogviewer? looking for the EAE ATW and SFW filter formulas. possibly for the whole range.. constants/rpm/clt temp curves.. just wanna make sure im doing this right.. also ive found some info on how to setup the the crusie parts of the curves but zero info on how to set up the idle part.. also which one is best to set up first actual driving or at idle.. i figured the idle part is probably the best part to start with.. considering thats where you start before driving. any info would be great.. and any manuals would be even better lol

I have seen your posts on the MS forums.... EAE is very difficult to setup and is a time consuming venture. If you cannot tune your idle confidently or setup basic time based AE then i do not suggest trying to tune the EAE functions. that is a very advanced feature set.

i make one mess up when i change my whole setup.. fuel added and air added.. and all of a sudden i cant tune idle.. LOL Ok well thanks for the vote of confidence on that steve... not like i didnt change my whole setup to a completely different animal from what i had before.. ill figure it out..

heres something that should change your mind on that one... last few days ive had nothing but problems with the tune i had... stuff wasnt working for me.. stuf fi changed made it worse.. so i basically had to redo everything that was done on may 4th... ended up curing alot of problems i was having on my own.. Not saying im a expert but the time i spent myself the last few days getting my car back to where it was on my own.. i feel ive learnt alot not bothering to ask for help.. also if i dont do it myself how am i gonna learn anything.. theres just vague info on any of the EAE tuning thats why i was asking.. but like i said ill figure it out..

I am not trying to be rude but it is what it is. You were having a meltdown in the other forum I had to remote in to your car and make it run and idle again, i simply roughed it in for you to take over.

The vast majority of people tune the time based AE and leave it be, the EAE in the MS2 code is difficult because it's not as accurate as ms3.

I'm not saying you cant but I would first learn the basics, you cant run before you walk.

Dont know. A buddy tuned it. I don’t really know how to. But want to learn. Here is the video of the noise. I’m replacing my iac since I don’t think this noise is going away with my current iac.

So.... i changed my intake gaskets... ported the hell outta the runners.. changed my injector orings and pintle caps.. re-adjusted the valves.. and guess what.. haah some how my Ve tables all too rich now.. i was running a ve of 50-49 at idle and i was getting a 13.9-14.3 out of it.. now im running 13.2 with my ves in the 50-49 range at full hot.. pulse width was in the 4.1ms range before and now its in the 3.7-3.8ms range, now kinda weird. but i guess there was a pretty big leak letting alot of air in.. so now i gotta redo the whole table it seems. Oh and another thing too ive noticed.. idle advance is kickin in before closed loop idle.. isnt it supose to be the other way around.. closed loop idle then idle advance? cars running good tho just needs alittle tweaking.

Last edited: