First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

Well cars goin rich when hot.. I guess since its running properly now. I can revert back to the mat correction values in my first tune, cause its not pullin much fuel when it gets hot. now and its running like 13.0-13.3 with a mat temp of 150-160. It was running 13.9-14.3 when it was gettin extra air at the same temps

• Sponsors (?)

ok so you will want to set the mat air density curve back to its standard values.

then follow the instructions in this writeup that DIY has on there site, I have one as well but its not as well put together as this one is. https://www.diyautotune.com/news/tuning-tips/tuning-the-mat-clt-correction-table/

Yea i was reading up on that yesturday. And from a datalog i got the clt% and airflow numbers. Like at idle full warm 191degrees. My mat temps are climbing up to 150ish.. And cruise its like 115-130 depending on where my foot is.. Basically the numbers i came up with for the clt % are. 68.2% at a airflow of 58071, i got the numbers "clt temp,mat temp" from a datalog of me coasting into a parking spot after cruising.. And i was just going to interpolate the numbers for a baseline then use a datalog from today to get more solid numbers for the graph
But heres a pic of the graph i roughed up.. So hopefully its a decent baseline to start with..
15590539928516101566833841305137.jpg

Last edited:
Bah forget that graph and those numbers... i guess ill just do a 5th gear pull from cruise speed up to full throttle and get a datalog of that and use those numbers for the graph.. i have a datalog of a 6404rpm pull but thats a second gear burnout.. and only got to map of 88. so when it dries up outside ill find a back road and just giver Sh*t in fifth gear and take a datalog of that since it will be alot more accurate then the graph i did

Reactions: 1 user
so just so im understanding that clt mat correction graph the right way.. its supose to remove fuel for X amount of airflow into the manifold.. Now is that for idle up to infinite airflow "WOT"? or is it cruise to WOT? ive reviewed a few datalogs that i was hitting a tps value of 80% and higher and a map of 85% or higher on the highway. and i came up with 53.3%, 42.6 , 32.0 , 21.3, 10.7, 0 at a airflow of 51100, 170900 ,290700 , 410400, 530200, 650000... these% numbers are from averages of 4 datalog numbers that i came up with and used.. so when the first number is 53.3% is that how much fuel is being added to compensate for the hot mat temps without the actual graph running? cause the instructions say that ill have to adjust my lower rpm VE values because it was compensating for it before this was on.. how do i figure out how much to remove. or should i just let autotune do its thing? cause i cant see the lower VEs adding 50% more fuel to aid without it being turn on LOL

No, this is how much of the clt% in *F affects the mat temps in the intake. This is not how much fuel gets added, it's how much of the clt temp gets blended with the mat temp.

ok so its the fuel error correction for the MAT density table based on heated air then.. just was wondering why it says to adjust lower Ve cells in the lower rpms because without it on the VE table was compensating for it.. oh well it cant be by much anyway. ill just let autotune do its job.

have you ever noticed that if you smooth your table with megalogviewer it does alot more then with tunerstudios.. like if i was to smooth my ve table with megalogviewer it makes alot more changes then when i do it with TS?...

you probably have but i just noticed that its a big difference between the two... is one more accurate then the other or something? cant find any info on why one has more of a affect then the other 61607788_679561749140691_8860929311637504000_n.jpg 61993265_1374053732742138_7509100505683984384_n.jpg

you can right click the smoothing button and choose how much it will alter the cells when smoothing per click.... default is usually .7

Ahhh well that i did not know.. I figured that megalogviewer knew something more about smoothing the cells then tunerstudios lmfao. Thanks for the info

I wonder why my tunerstudios was set to .2.. If the defaults .7 lol. But im changing that for sure. Smoothing never really made a big difference when i did it... Now i kno why

Last edited:
so that clt mat correction table i do from cruise or idle... cause the numbers i entered from idle made my idle super super lean.... like 16.0.. but it was fine while cruising.. just totally fubared my hot idle afrs.. but i managed to get a 5th gear pull from cruise to like 90+map and these numbers seem to be abit more realistic , but then again i duno LOL

so im glad the part of... You have to richen your idle cells to compensate for the clt mat correction curve.. was left out of that information.. it does say Lower rpm range.. but that could be any low rpm.. cause here i am chasing my ass making this curve and it going lean and me not knowing why.,,, well after searching everywhere for more info i finally find it.. on stangnet. god dam man why cant info be told all at once... its like talkin to someone who leaves out every 3rd word and you have to guess what they ment to figure stuff out. Its hard enough to learn while half the info is in code.. or left out..

Where did you find it?

under the thread called
93 5.0 MSPNP2 tuning ?s

basically you said after buddy made his corrections to the clt mat correction graph, that he should adjust his idle ves to compensate for the table... which seems to make sense.. cause i figured out my % and flow numbers and it ended up leaning out my hot idle to 15.5-16.0.. and that was at 32.5% at a flow number of 106391.. the only thing i can see being wrong is that if im supose to take my readings from a idle or cruise situation.. the datalog on the diy website shows the car rpms to be around 1900.. which to me says it was rolling into the pull from a cruise speed not idle.. cause my idle airflow is in the 50000 range. thats the only thing that could be messing my numbers up. is where im supose to get the numbers from to make the curve, i was just gonna let the car warm up and add %'s until i met my afr target at idle. and interpolate the rest and then use datalogs to get the numbers

Basically yes.

well i duno if i wanna mess with that curve.. cause if i make that curve then adjust my idle ve to make it match... then all my afterstart enrichments and warm ups are useless.. and will need adjusting and that to me is more trouble then its worth really since the stupid wideband dont turn on for 30secs after it fires up, i might just enter the flow% in for idle and match the ve by adding percents then leave the rest of the graph alone.. no sense messing with something thats working fine.. without my electric fans on my idle is 13.8-14.3 and with the fans on its like 13.5-14.3afr.. which isnt a big deal. barely .5% off at 200*temps and a mat of 165*.

The mat temps are not ignored on startup, all this is doing is blending the CLT temp into the MAt temp based on flow.... all it will be is a warmup enrichment retune.

ok well thats not that bad then.... but what exact flow numbers am i targeting for idle.. cause i flow 51776 around idle. and 106391 at cruise.. the information sheet shows a low ass number like 10600 for the first number.. and thats cruise flow, so im kinda gettin lost at what flow numbers to use... the real Idle no load number of 51776 or the lowest cruise flow number of 106391.. you did mention something about it effecting the whole idle range or something in the thread that i read..