first time to the track EVER..

silver04GTstang

Jan 16, 2007
is this good, bad abour average or what? i thought a five speed car ran faster the an automatic but i beat a five speed.
you can see all my mods below and i have an automatic car. i ran:

reaction-.186 yeah i know its bad...but i was nervous and my first time
T1- 2.074 sec
T2- 6.048
ET- 9.217
MPH- 79.306

i spun alittle bit and and had a bad reaction i think maybe i could get 9.1 if i had everything right. is this good for an automatic car with this setup or what do you think??? oh yeah my gears arent installed yet, im going to sell them and get 3.73's...
if i had 3.73's, a tuner and a real catback and subframe connectors, upper plenum and throttle body, what would the predictions be?

• Sponsors (?)

Not everyone with manual trannys have the skills to drive their cars on full potential. Not to burst your bubble but a manual car identical to yours driven by a decent driver will beat yours (unless of course your trans is built). I don't know what a 9.2 in the 1/8 would be in the 1/4, but your 60' times look good. :nice:

sounds about right. like said, with a good driver and the right conditions you can do 14's flat. i pulled a 14.033@100 with my spintech catback, udp's and tune. i can easily do better now with the added traction and catless xpipe.

I just went for my first time ever a few weeks ago and REALLY enjoyed it also. I too ran a best of 9.2(13) in the 1/8 mile and ended with a time of 14.32 in the 1/4 mile. I'm hoping a chip with tune along with a set of DRs will get me close enough to get into the 13s next time out. I'm gonna say with the mods you want to put on, you would be in the 13s easy that would translate into a little less than 9secs (8.9s). in the 1/8th mile.