Fitting OEM driving lights on a 2002 V6

Has anyone fitted driving lights to a 2002 Model V6.

I see that although my car did not come with driving lights, behind the switch blanking plate is the loom plug (purple) to connect to the new switch.

My question is seeing as ford have gone to the trouble of providing the switch plug, it stands to reason that the left and right driving lamp connectors are somewhere in the loom, does anyone know if this is true?
And if it is anyone know where I can pick up the feed to the driving lights? and is there an existing relay or will I have to add a relay.

I have seen an aftermarket wireing harness for driving lights for a 1999, it provides a heavy cable form the battery to a relay and gets its operation by cutting and joinning a wire from the relay to the cable behind the dash driving light switch, and all the cables run outsided the original loom, seems a messy way to me, any help would be appreciated.

also anyone fiited daylight running lights? again any info would help

Regards

Stan

• Sponsors (?)

yelnats69 said:
Has anyone fitted driving lights to a 2002 Model V6.

I see that although my car did not come with driving lights, behind the switch blanking plate is the loom plug (purple) to connect to the new switch.

My question is seeing as ford have gone to the trouble of providing the switch plug, it stands to reason that the left and right driving lamp connectors are somewhere in the loom, does anyone know if this is true?
And if it is anyone know where I can pick up the feed to the driving lights? and is there an existing relay or will I have to add a relay.

I have seen an aftermarket wireing harness for driving lights for a 1999, it provides a heavy cable form the battery to a relay and gets its operation by cutting and joinning a wire from the relay to the cable behind the dash driving light switch, and all the cables run outsided the original loom, seems a messy way to me, any help would be appreciated.

also anyone fiited daylight running lights? again any info would help

Regards

Stan
I did this but I got the OEM kit from ford I installed the kit in about an hour. Every one that has gotten e-bay or other kits have had problems. Ford did not install every wire needed in the stock harness I also have the automatic daytime running lights I don't ever touch my light switch to turn on any of my lights day or night.