Five (5) lug wheels for '92 LX??

tx65stanger

Aug 31, 2010
Austin, TX
I've called every supplier/vendor and get a different answer from each one.
I'm converting my '92 LX to a 5-lug wheel with 4-wheel disc brakes and want new wheels also. It seems that any wheel available in a 17" [i especially like the 10th anniversary wheel] is 9" wide.
Nobody seems to know what backspacing to use or even if a 9" will fit on a Fox Mustang 5-lug conversion. i know i see lots of them around so can somebody please tell me what wheel will fit so i can finish the car?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

What front spindles are you using? Also, are you running stock length axles out back? Just about any OEM cobra wheel will fit with any spindle/axle combo. Running 96+ spindles and sn95 length axles will just make the wheels stick out slightly more compared to fox axles and 94-95 spindles.

Also, you may have some slight rubbing issues up front when turning full lock. Having the larger wheel openings on your 92 helps though.

A 10.5 is the widest you can go on a fox body but you have to roll the fender lips. Anything bigger than that you will have to mini tub. I have 17x10.5 FR500's in the rear and 17x9 FR500's up front. No problems!

PM me and I can help yopu out with whatever you need help with. I am a mechanic at www.bieberfever.com. We do this stuff all the time bro. Pluss then I will tell you what all I have in my conversion.