Fixed my car finaly Thanks Don!

Yellow302

Mar 2, 2003
NJ
Im sure your on these boards, anyway I figured I would post here if anyone else has this problem tuning a blower car.

My Maf voltage would drop below the idle voltage during dethrottle and just spike all over the place. Don told me that this was caused by backwash (air blowing back to the MAF instead of the blower)

So i riped out my "Anderson Power pipe" added 4 inches to the front 7 to the bottom AND built an air ramp or guide if you will to direct the air from the bi-pass tward the blower.

Now the car runs amazing, I had everything from high idle to bucking between 1200-1600.

After buying 3... yes 3 SCT chips because they were lost... I found one my mom hid away...

All in all my demons have been vaquished the car is once again easy to drive. After 2 years the nightmare is over. Hint dont use diablo chips, and do the work yourself.

• Sponsors (?)

quick edit, was still having some turbulance issues when my speed increased... I took a 6 pack oil box and made an air filter box with an opening on the side.. maf volt is rock fing solid now, filter was too low and or too much air flowing around the filter causing the issue.