Fixed my new 75mm maf

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
I was telling people how I put on my new 75mm maf,and my stang ran like crap!Couldnt understand it,then Mike Keirstead told me to twist it so the sensor is turned away about 45 degrees.Thats it!! I figured what the hell, I got nothin to loose.So I took the bracket off and turned it tords the motor.And BINGO!! I couldnt believe it,something so simple would make my stang run like a raped ape!!! I recomend this method to any one having problems with there MAF !!!!

• Sponsors (?)

willys1 said:
I was telling people how I put on my new 75mm maf,and my stang ran like crap!Couldnt understand it,then Mike Keirstead told me to twist it so the sensor is turned away about 45 degrees.Thats it!! I figured what the hell, I got nothin to loose.So I took the bracket off and turned it tords the motor.And BINGO!! I couldnt believe it,something so simple would make my stang run like a raped ape!!! I recomend this method to any one having problems with there MAF !!!!
School me up. What position exactly does the maf connector point at. Say if it were a clock and you were looking at it from the front of the car what hour would it be pointing at. Also, did that cure the cold start idling and pinging probs you were having? :shrug:

Its pointing at 2:00 O'clock ! Yea I start it up and it actually idles better! Im still getting a FR and Gauge! Cant believe something so simple worked out great! And wow!! What a difference over the stock maf. GREAT MOD :nice:

willys1 said:
Its pointing at 2:00 O'clock ! Yea I start it up and it actually idles better! Im still getting a FR and Gauge! Cant believe something so simple worked out great! And wow!! What a difference over the stock maf. GREAT MOD :nice:

So you went with C&L...why? you can rig it or you can go Pro-M... :nice: Not to rain on your parade... :D

Highbredcloud said:
really...? cuz that sounds like a problem C&L's have? did you get the 75 bullet? If so I would send it back and have it re-calibrated...
Yeah,its a 75 bullet,I called the guy I bought it from,and he couldnt believe it either.He told me to do the same things that Mike told me to do.He said if they didnt work,to send it back and let them recalibrate it.So I tried it,and woolaa!!

Highbredcloud said:
yeah...for some reason people have been having problems with the bullet...I guess if it works than leave it...if it was me I'd send it back cuz I'm anal about things like that...remeber you're the customer and you're always right.
I had to take that bracket off anyway. I bought a dense air charger (kicks @ss) and it was hitting the inner fender.So It lines up better!

willys1 said:
I had to take that bracket off anyway. I bought a dense air charger (kicks @ss) and it was hitting the inner fender.So It lines up better!

the dense air charger...is that anything like a cold air intake? If so...I know Pro-M asks if you have one of those on your car when they are calibrating it...who knows maybe that's why it was acting funny...

Highbredcloud said:
the dense air charger...is that anything like a cold air intake? If so...I know Pro-M asks if you have one of those on your car when they are calibrating it...who knows maybe that's why it was acting funny...
HUH???Yeah its a CAI,thats weird!

willys1 said:
Its heavy plastic,like pvc piping,with glossy black high temp paint,so it stays cool in the summer.

yeah...that's cool that its at least made out of material that doesn't get hot like chrome pipe :p ...anyways...I think Pro-M want to know if you got one simple because what the CAI does essentially is create turbulance when the air enters the intake...Not sure if that would cause your problem or if tilting it would fix it...but just thought you should know...If you call Pro-M talk to either Damian or Sean...the rest of the guys there don't have a clue... :nice: