Fixing small nick in leather on steering wheel?

Power4

May 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
I somehow (probably from my keys) made a small surface cut in the leather on my steering wheel right near the top. Anyone know how to fix that? My girlfriend said there are leather repair kits that are meant for that kind of thing. Anyone heard of anything like that? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a 'slice' type cut you could use a VERY small drop of Super Glue (use a pin to apply) and that will glue it back together. If its scuffed then get some matching leather polish / stain from a good shoe store and work it in. I'm sure you can make it look better with a little bit of work and patience.

I've got a few small scrapes, almost perforations on the underside of the bottom of my wheel that have been there since the beginning. Unfortunately I didn't notice them until about a month after I bought it.

I don't see them, so I don't really worry about it too much. The only thing that bugs me is that one day those small scrapes will turn into large tears. I guess I'll worry about it then.

If yours are visible, then I agree with the others, that there isn't a great way to fix it short of replacing the whole wheel.

If you have a 'slice' type cut you could use a VERY small drop of Super Glue (use a pin to apply) and that will glue it back together. If its scuffed then get some matching leather polish / stain from a good shoe store and work it in. I'm sure you can make it look better with a little bit of work and patience.

+1. I once fixed a blem this way but used black RTV instead of super glue.