Flat Hood

96MuscleStang

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Schaumburg, Il.
I don’t know if I missed something or maybe didn’t read the right thread, but is there anything Ford is doing for the hood on the 05? :shrug: I mean the car looks great, but that hood just looks so naked in comparison to some of the older models. Even the hood that was on the concept had a little more “flair” then it does now. Anyone hear anything?

• Sponsors (?)

I have'nt heard anything but i agree with you about the hood looking so dule. Maybe if they put a scope on it or a ram air system for the car. I will look into a new hood for mine in the aftermarket, I want an 06, so maybe then they will have soemthing with more flash.

scottie1113 said:
I can live with the hood on the 2005, altough I like the one on the concept better.

I have to agree. The hood on the concept looked so much better, with this very discrete scoops up near the front edge.

WaltA said:
I have to agree. The hood on the concept looked so much better, with this very discrete scoops up near the front edge.

Yeah, the hood on the concept was very nice, I was disappointed when I saw the the flat hood on 05 stang. But still, it's no big deal, with aftermarket parts everything is possible !

this may be a dumb question, but how much approx would a hood cost? I'm planning on a number of changes to my 2005 gt when i drive it off the lot but want to make sure i budget enough. 18" wheels, cold air, lowering, exhaust? :stupid:
thanks guys .

Solid HoRNZ said:
There is lots of hood types. You can get one for around 300 bucks, something very simple, in fiberglass. But the price can come up real kwick for the designs and the material its made of.

Don't forget to add painting, and for the hood, it needs to be a very good job since it is so very visable. That could easily cost more than the hood itself.

MustangSteve007 said:
The car does not need to be lowered IMO, i herd its low enough .

Oh come on, the car needs lowered for sure- i sets like a 4x4 now with the
F-150 knock off rims- :notnice:

You may not have to lower the car, If you add 18' + wheels with a small side wall Tire-

1. Rims
2. Exhaust !!!!
3. Hood
4. Engine bolt on's :D

yeah, the hood needs at bare minimum something to make it a little more interesting. the aftermarket will cure this. remember guys, that the aftermarket hood may be 300 bucks, but shipping is near 150 dollars usually...

Although there is nothing wrong with the 05's hood, i do like the concept's a whole lot more. If they come out with a special edition (which will more than likely happen) id imagine that there will be a different hood. Maybe the one from the concept's or maybe a shaker hood which is the one id like to see the most! :D Nevertheless im sure there will be several AM hoods for the new stang.

sweet~Low~93 said:
Oh come on, the car needs lowered for sure- i sets like a 4x4 now with the
F-150 knock off rims- :notnice:

You may not have to lower the car, If you add 18' + wheels with a small side wall Tire-

Maybe I don't understand quite what you are saying. But wouldn't getting an 18" rim then going to a smaller sidewall tire. Do next to nothing? Since depending on how small you go on the sidewall. You could actually be shrinking the overall diameter?