Fleet Sales

Brascorpion

Jun 9, 2004
Sorry if this has been covered. I just registered and I am new to the community. I tried a search and received no hits.

My older brother owned a 65 fastback that made the show car circuit back in the mid 80's...it was called PONYEXPRESS 1. It was painted a Bluish-green with a mural of ponies running down the side. I helped him build it when I was 16.

Anyway...I am trying to get back to my roots (I'm 35) and I am going to buy the new 05 GT.

Okay here is the question...can current Fleet sales preorder these? For example ordering them through COSTCO? I noticed fleet sales are handled slightly different than straight dealer orders. I just figured maybe there is a benefit to be had by ordering from Fleet sales (like a reduced wait time for a specific order).

Brass

• Sponsors (?)

Brascorpion said:
Sorry if this has been covered. I just registered and I am new to the community. I tried a search and received no hits.

My older brother owned a 65 fastback that made the show car circuit back in the mid 80's...it was called PONYEXPRESS 1. It was painted a Bluish-green with a mural of ponies running down the side. I helped him build it when I was 16.

Anyway...I am trying to get back to my roots (I'm 35) and I am going to buy the new 05 GT.

Okay here is the question...can current Fleet sales preorder these? For example ordering them through COSTCO? I noticed fleet sales are handled slightly different than straight dealer orders. I just figured maybe there is a benefit to be had by ordering from Fleet sales (like a reduced wait time for a specific order).

Brass

Although Fleet sales are handled differently, Ford has not made any mention of early deleveries for Fleet sales; if anything, the indications I see are a delay. Dealers will get the cars first and as inventory builds, they will begin to fullfil fleet orders. I am not a Ford employee though, so your best best is to try to find out as much as you can from Ford. Not a dealer; they know less than we do; find out from Ford. But nothing on this board, including my own statements, are 100% reliable. Ford has been pretty hush hush about all aspects of the Stang so I wish you luck in finding any definitive answers. Hope this helps.