Floor Pan Or Sheet Metal

• Sponsors (?)

I need to replace the rear passenger side floor pan and I was wondering if I could you a piece of sheet metal instead of buying a new floor pan.
Sure you can use sheet metal.

It will save you a lot of headache to just buy new floor pans though.

First thing, obviously is the shape that you'll need to form a piece of metal in to. Think about those rear brackets the front seats bolt to.

Secondly, those bends in the factory sheet metal are there to provide strength to the sheet.

Are you replacing just one side, or both?

Now, if you just have a small hole your wanting gone? Then cut it out and weld in a new piece from a chunk of metal. Try to match the gauge of the floor pan.

Reactions: 1 user
I was also planning on buying pans, and making patches out of them. Are the replacement pans any good? Same gauge steel, etc? Does Dynacorn make pans other than the one piece?

I was also planning on buying pans, and making patches out of them. Are the replacement pans any good? Same gauge steel, etc? Does Dynacorn make pans other than the one piece?
They're great, with my limited experience, they fit really well too. Yes, same gauge.

When you say one piece, do you mean the entire floor pan to include the drivetrain tunnel? The smallest sections i know that are sold are for the specific sides (right or left). I just used the rear section of the pans for my red car and kept the rest for other patches.

Yes, as far as I know, Dynacorn only makes the complete one piece pan including the trans tunnel. I've just read from other Mustang websites that the L/R sides from LMR and CJPony aren't the same gauge, and aren't any good.

OP, sorry if I derailed this thread.

Yes, as far as I know, Dynacorn only makes the complete one piece pan including the trans tunnel. I've just read from other Mustang websites that the L/R sides from LMR and CJPony aren't the same gauge, and aren't any good.

OP, sorry if I derailed this thread.
That's odd, the ones I got from LMR were fine and fit like a glove. Don't know what to tell you there.

I need to replace the rear passenger side floor pan and I was wondering if I could you a piece of sheet metal instead of buying a new floor pan.
Have a picture of the area that needs replacing?