Progress Thread Floor pan repair/build thread

sav22rem22

Feb 6, 2020
North Carolina
I used the 80mil Killmat and then 2 layers of the noico heat barrier. the car is very quite and it stopped the heat off the floorboard.
Hmm I’m going to definitely look into this. Once I get all of this done and put back together I’m going to combine all of this with some quality tint and hopefully it’ll make a noticeable difference

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

sav22rem22

Feb 6, 2020
North Carolina
I can say the Dynomat I put in the valdez did the job, it was very hot under my feet and down the trans tunnel before, the heat under this car is enough it melts the rubber seal at the shifter hole.
now it's barley warm.
That’s wild that it was enough to melt the rubber shift boot. I’m actually about to finally put in the shift boot and it’ll be the first time the cars had one since it was swapped to manual who knows how long ago. Having some trouble getting the tunnel hump from lmr to fit correctly

sav22rem22

Feb 6, 2020
North Carolina
Small update: all parts have been in for a while but I’ve been on vacation and haven’t had time to mess with the car. It will be going to the guy who’s going to fix it around Monday or Tuesday. I’ve decided to go with Kilmat 80 for sound deadening and am considering noico heat barrier. Car will be getting the square area of the pan where the back of the seat sits replaced on both sides and up by the firewall will be patched as well. Will have my guy pull the fenders and see if the base of the windshield/cowl is rotted which would explain the rust in the floor.

sav22rem22

Feb 6, 2020
North Carolina
You can find it easily on Amazon.
https://amzn.to/2WbtoWE I’m assuming this is it. I’m glad you mentioned this because the southern heat is absolutely brutal and this will come in handy on top of the kilmat that will be going in. Maybe now I won’t be cooked alive when I get in the car after a hot day and when combined with the tint I’ll be throwing on should be a good combo

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
https://amzn.to/2WbtoWE I’m assuming this is it. I’m glad you mentioned this because the southern heat is absolutely brutal and this will come in handy on top of the kilmat that will be going in. Maybe now I won’t be cooked alive when I get in the car after a hot day and when combined with the tint I’ll be throwing on should be a good combo
yup thats the stuff