Progress Thread Floor pan repair/build thread

sav22rem22

Feb 6, 2020
Finally another update. So the leaks have been fixed and I secured another pedal rack and brace and just finished rebuilding and halfway restoring that. Only thing left to do before everything goes back together is to put the new evaporator core in which isn’t going to be fun and then lay down some sound deadening.

CCA929B3-1886-46D8-BA18-E3AAD92C307A.jpeg

The left is the one I bought and halfway restored. On the right is the one that came out of the car and was broken in 4 places somehow.

• Sponsors (?)

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Does it come apart that easy? I know a lot of guys will just cut on the “marked” line and then glue that part back together
Mine is an 83 and the top of the heater core area screws on... I believe its the newer models that did not have this feature..
On the workbench picture, the piece sitting on top of the two larger halves, screws onto the "side" of the HVAC box.. The evaporator is under it...

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Mine is an 83 and the top of the heater core area screws on... I believe its the newer models that did not have this feature..
On the workbench picture, the piece sitting on top of the two larger halves, screws onto the "side" of the HVAC box.. The evaporator is under it...
The hard part is taking all of the dash out...... I am guessing installing it will be fun too.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
Dec 29, 2017
Just caught up on this thread. Glad to see you’re still going at it!
Make sure you post some progress pics on the new shop too! Thats going to be nice!