FloPro's RUNNING single turbo gts!!!

• Sponsors (?)

blk9450 said:
thats your problem right there. the top port is the top of the diaphragm. that goes to a boost contoller ONLY that port going to your other stuff just compresses the air in the line and stops the diaphragm from opening. your bov and fpr is now just a boost controller.

edit: see above post, i replied before i read it.

So just to clarify, top port is to be open when not running a boost controller. When u run a boost controller, u get the line going from the intake, to the boost controller, then to the top port, right?

I agree except for the fact that i swear my wastegate directions say otherwise. The way you explained it made me think about it differently and I see what you are saying. I know for a fact that if I take the top off, it will be less boost, b/c it is simple engineering. I give it a try and let you know after I do some research. Either way, I'm going to run up to 15 psi anyways.

nmcgrawj said:
Sounds good man keep us updated. When do u see full boost?

Yeah, I just read the directions and looked on turbomustangs. The directions are stupid. The way I have it is wrong. I just didn't even think about it, b/c I thought it was right. If I can only get 9 out of my highest spring, I'll still run it the way it is now until I get a boost controller. It isn't hurting anything.

I hope my plug wires come in tomorrow and fix my missing, b/c I may be going to finish the tune saturday. Then I have a car show at 4:00.

nmcgrawj said:
So just to clarify, top port is to be open when not running a boost controller. When u run a boost controller, u get the line going from the intake, to the boost controller, then to the top port, right?
um top open with no boost controller, correct
boost controller, you can just run a line from the top of the gate to the boost controller im pretty sure. i dont have a boost controller yet.

rio im glad you are fixing it, now go to home depot and build a boost controller for $4 and set it yourself to 15psi. that way you know your all hooked up correctly and your bov and fpr will react better

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. I fixed the wastegate mix-up, but now I only have 5 psi. That sucks. haha.

Now I can actually use my other springs and shims. I may have to make a few more shims though, b/c I think I can only go up to about 11 psi. Which, once it is tuned for more power, it will probably feel the same and drive better than the recent 15 psi.

Whats funny, is that I spun worse in 1st and 2nd with only 5 psi, because I was in each gear longer, instead of just shotting the rpms to redline. I could tell power was gone once I hit 3rd and 4th though. What sweet is it still pulled pretty damn hard and it wasn't night and day like I thought it would be. Seat of the pants wasn't much different, but I bet track times would be.

p.s. I just went to autozone and went sideways past these girls in a cavalier and I think I scared the crap out of them. Gezz I love turbos!!!!!!

Also, I didn't feel nearly as much missing with the lower boost, but that makes since. I just hope my wires come tomorrow so I can take car of the missing and get a better tune. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter b/c I'm driving it either way. I'll let you know about the spring test results tomorrow. I need MOOORREE!

blk9450 said:
re-gap your plugs tighter, the spark is getting blown out i bet. run your car in the dark to check wires. your wires are probably fine.

I am going to gap them at 30 instead of 32 and I already bought wires, which is a good idea, b/c a month ago I did catch them on fire a bit. They probably are alright, but it wouldn't hurt to have fresh ones.

The wires and plugs helped alot for the missing. I believe it is completely gone. I tested every spring and the boost if all right. The most I can get is 12 psi.

I was thinking about going to detroit for more tuning on sat., but I think I have decided to just go to the track and the car show. I am trying to decide whether or not I want to get a boost controller to get back to 15 psi. I really want to put down 500 on a dynojet. I'm not sure if the 12 psi will give it too me. Luckily I know that my tune was for 15 psi and really really safe, so I know that there is power to be had with my current 12 psi, so maybe that'll keep me happy.

rio95 said:
The wires and plugs helped alot for the missing. I believe it is completely gone. I tested every spring and the boost if all right. The most I can get is 12 psi.

I was thinking about going to detroit for more tuning on sat., but I think I have decided to just go to the track and the car show. I am trying to decide whether or not I want to get a boost controller to get back to 15 psi. I really want to put down 500 on a dynojet. I'm not sure if the 12 psi will give it too me. Luckily I know that my tune was for 15 psi and really really safe, so I know that there is power to be had with my current 12 psi, so maybe that'll keep me happy.

12 psi is not going to do it. Whatever it takes you need to see 500 to the tires on a mustang dyno.:nice:

thats whats so nice about a turbo, much much less stress on the block than a supercharger because you arent using power from the drive componenents, so you can get away with more intermittent power blasts with a turbo and stock block, or at least thats the way i interpret it. now this has nothing to do with how you will destroy a stock tranny and clutch :)

12 psi feels really good and with a better tune, I bet it could possibly put down 475 with a full pull. Theonly problem is that I drove it today and was only seeing 10-11 psi. I want more than that, so I may wait to get my tune finished until I get a boost control.

Either way, I should be going to the track sat., so I can see how it does.

p.s. My super king cobra clutch has not slipped what so ever and is light as hell and cost me $209.