Florida Mustang Will Compete With The Big Boys...

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats 65fsbkhipo :nice:

I haven't spent much time surfing your site (looks good so far), but the first thing you need to fix is the "Name" that automatically comes up in your "Favorites" when you "Add to Favorites" from IE.

Good Luck.

I see you have a decent price on GTA Emblems... :nice:
Do you have an official launch date (you wrote two weeks..just curious if there is a "Grand Opening" date)? Saving money is always good with the wife looking over my shoulder :eek:

65fsbkhipo said:
Pak,

Just visit the site and if I don't have it listed yet, give me a call. The main reason for posting here is to publicize that a new vendor it out there. I know the rules for the forum, but I wanted everyone to know that they will have a better choice in the futher. Inventory is coming along but there may be a wait for some items that aren't ordered yet, BUT, I can drop ship from the manufacturer which is great. I just spent 10K on assorted parts and have a way to go for a fully stocked bar.

Blake,

Nice job on the paint!

Will do, I'll gather a list of needs this weekend after I have a chance to go thru your site in more detail.

So no word on your 69' though?

L8knight said:
I see you have a decent price on GTA Emblems... :nice:
Do you have an official launch date (you wrote two weeks..just curious if there is a "Grand Opening" date)? Saving money is always good with the wife looking over my shoulder :eek:

As with most things, everything is subject to change, but prices will still reflect a savings under the NPD's of the world.

Pakrat said:
Will do, I'll gather a list of needs this weekend after I have a chance to go thru your site in more detail.

So no word on your 69' though?

I sent the pics attached to an email. I know it went through but haven't heard a thing from him. Not to worry, I have a couple local buyers that are hounding me for it. I may after all this use the 69 as a display peice in the shop. I just made up some magnetic signs for the doors that I had planned to move from car to car after a restoration was finished. (I always drive the car for a month or so)

Platonic Solid said:
Congrats 65fsbkhipo :nice:

I haven't spent much time surfing your site (looks good so far), but the first thing you need to fix is the "Name" that automatically comes up in your "Favorites" when you "Add to Favorites" from IE.

Good Luck.

Opps, that's probably from the template I purchased for the ecommerce asp pages. I'll change that next!! Thanks for spotting the goof.

looking over your site I dont see any security around the checkout functionality. do you have the ability to use SSL or are you staying with paypal / email type of info? this is a great way for competitors to monitor your customers traffic that are making purchases and grab all thier info. also I would be careful with paypal since they are not an FDIC insured bank, there have been a number of instance where they freeze you $$$ and it is very difficult to get the account cleared, thus money coming in to account and you still need to supply product even though you dont get the money for a while. there are a number of different vendors out there that are banks or are protected by FDIC regulations. I am not saying paypal is bad, you should just allow other options for people to use as well.

And I have noticed that there are no "brand names" to products. will there be brand names to each of the products? customers usually want to compare and know product names like for brakes willwood, baer, etc.. have very strong relatioships woth some and not having these to validate prices in some customers eyes will make them think that you are charging a lot for generic products.

this is what I do for a living so dont take it personally, I am just tryig to give you a few pointers.

P.S. the site does look good, it is nice to see a professional polish to it!!

cardude said:
looking over your site I dont see any security around the checkout functionality. do you have the ability to use SSL or are you staying with paypal / email type of info? this is a great way for competitors to monitor your customers traffic that are making purchases and grab all thier info. also I would be careful with paypal since they are not an FDIC insured bank, there have been a number of instance where they freeze you $$$ and it is very difficult to get the account cleared, thus money coming in to account and you still need to supply product even though you dont get the money for a while. there are a number of different vendors out there that are banks or are protected by FDIC regulations. I am not saying paypal is bad, you should just allow other options for people to use as well.

And I have noticed that there are no "brand names" to products. will there be brand names to each of the products? customers usually want to compare and know product names like for brakes willwood, baer, etc.. have very strong relatioships woth some and not having these to validate prices in some customers eyes will make them think that you are charging a lot for generic products.

this is what I do for a living so dont take it personally, I am just tryig to give you a few pointers.

P.S. the site does look good, it is nice to see a professional polish to it!!

Just the kind of critic I need! Thanks for taking the time to got through it. I want it to be an easy site to get around in.

As far as the SSL certificates, it kicks in during the payment process on the PayPal servers. I am also getting with other banks offering merchant account. I elected to go with PP initially so I can measure the amount of sales, then I can justify the cost of using say, a Bank of America merchant account.

Brand names are coming as well. I have several deals in the works for 'brand name' merchandise but can't list them until the deals come through. As far as the generic replacement parts for the Mustangs, nearly all vendors sell Scott Drake reproductions but repackage them for sale. They make 15,000 items.

Further assistance is greatly appreciated.

Your "Add To Favorites" problem is an easy fix.. just change the < TITLE > tag for the pages to read < TITLE >Florida Mustang< /TITLE > or whatever you want.

When shopping Merchant Accounts, do your homework... They'll either make their money on the rate/per transaction charges, or the equipment (ie:software) or both... just be sure to shop around (its as bad as buying a new car). The better rate you get the better deals you can offer your customers! :D

L8knight said:
Your "Add To Favorites" problem is an easy fix.. just change the < TITLE > tag for the pages to read < TITLE >Florida Mustang< /TITLE > or whatever you want.

When shopping Merchant Accounts, do your homework... They'll either make their money on the rate/per transaction charges, or the equipment (ie:software) or both... just be sure to shop around (its as bad as buying a new car). The better rate you get the better deals you can offer your customers! :D

I'm finding that out. There is a meriad of sources for merchant accounts but I need to narrow it down to one that offers me the best rate. I already have the equipment.

taylor4g63 said:
You will accept paypal correct? I've tried to buy from quite a few vendors but none of them will accept paypal, which makes it a pain in the ass for me since i dont have a credit card.

PP will be accepted as well as conventional MO, Cashiers checks and the like.

****, I've spent 1000 bux in the last 3 weeks on little stuff. Wish I knew you were opening up. I have to pay more attention.

Good Luck with it 65. I'll give you a shot on the next order.

Worth

PS. you have any suppliers for Ford Truck? I've got 2-65's 1-64 and a 46.

WORTH said:
****, I've spent 1000 bux in the last 3 weeks on little stuff. Wish I knew you were opening up. I have to pay more attention.

Good Luck with it 65. I'll give you a shot on the next order.

Worth

PS. you have any suppliers for Ford Truck? I've got 2-65's 1-64 and a 46.

Depends on what you need. Body parts, probably not, engine...yes