flowmaster or magnaflow???

Mac-man

Nov 7, 2003
south texas
i have a set of flowmasters and a set of magnaflows in my room right now. my question to you guys is what muffler do you prefer and why? i am tossing up ideas on which one to throw on and cant seem to decide, cuz both seem to have a unique tone to them. the magnaflows are not the magnapacks, they are the regular stainless steel muffler.

• Sponsors (?)

matthiasj said:
hell you already got both...put a maganaflow on one side, and a flowmaster on the other...that should be intresting

that sounds interesting. the only reason i ask is cuz i dont feel like putting both on. i already know how flows sound, and ihave heard good about magnaflow, so i am not sure if i go tried and true or step out into something noone in my area has. i could really be diffferent though and put one on one side and then the other one on the opposite side. that would be interesting, very interesting indeed.

they already have flowtubes on both sets, but around here it costs 20 per side to have tailpipes put on, and i refuse to run dumped mufflers.i just dont wanna spend 40 bucks to have to go back and put the other ones on.

Mac-man said:
i have a set of flowmasters and a set of magnaflows in my room right now. my question to you guys is what muffler do you prefer and why? i am tossing up ideas on which one to throw on and cant seem to decide, cuz both seem to have a unique tone to them. the magnaflows are not the magnapacks, they are the regular stainless steel muffler.

Put one on each side.

Dustin

Damn... SuperDust beat me to it.. I was going to say one of each...

Honestly I vote magnaflows... If I had them handy that is what i would put on as EVERYONE has that flowmaster sound... I love mine under accel hat it when under deccel... so when I get ar eal catback (prev owner had these flows put on) I will not be going flowmaster if I can afford it....

OMG you have got to be kidding me. Comparing Magnflows to Flow's is like comparing apples to oranges. FLOWS SUCK!! the sound gets annoying after awhile, everyone has them, they will rust out on you, the tips look like crap, exc exc exc... Magnaflows are all stainless steel ( they wont rust ) They have awesome tips, they sound 100X better and you get get them for about the same price.

Ive own both so this is an unbised oppinon.

My statement wasn't biased either. The old '98 Ranger ('96 Eploder motor) had Magnaflows. I hated them. It sounded like crap compared to flows on similar setups. I sold it because I realized the local laws say you have to have the same year engine or newer..... only had it 3 weeks, lol. But if I had kept it, it woulda got Flows.....

Flows with better tails. With the o/r h-pipe I LOVE the way my exhuast sounds with the flows. I have the 3-chamber quiet ones. With the o/r h-pipe there is zero drone and the scream when I get on it, I love it. But my tails DO look like ass.

I say to find another stang in the area with flows or magnaflows and the same type of h-pipe (o/r or catted)... then go for a drive and listen from the outside too... I know my buds Borla sounds TONS better than my flows...