Flowmaster Outlaw Cat Back Install Question

JPOnslaught

Dec 22, 2017
2017 S550 Bone Stock except for below.

So let me start this with a "dear God what have I done".

Had some Outlaws installed this morning, 3 inch catbacks with x pipe and outlaw mufflers.

I expected them to be loud, but the resonance within the cabin is insane. It feels like there is a pressure bubble when the car drones (which was expected) that honestly makes me feel like I am being punched in the earhole.

Now I had some droning flowmaster mufflers on an 06 GT I used to own (stock mid pipe), but there was nowhere near the cabin noise that there is on these.

I guess my main question is how to I ensure that the install was done correctly? Should the pressure be coming back that hard into the passenger compartment? This install did require a cutting of the factory pipes, could there have been an issue with that?

Also, is there a break in period with these....I mean should I expect them to mellow out after a couple of hundred miles?

In all fairness, I was warned, but nowhere did anyone mention anything about increased cabin pressure with this catback system, guess I'm just trying to figure out if this is how there are.

• Sponsors (?)