Flywheel bolts

• Sponsors (?)

I have seen this statement in every catalog and bristle when I see it. The Bullitt has the 6 bolt flywheel and 11" clutch. I believe my VIN has the X but it is 100% Romeo motor.

See my lpost under TECH named "Flywheel Help" regarding the flywheel I bought. Advertised for 11" clutch which was BS I assume. New clutch did not fit.

Someone needs to do some proof reading in the FRPP catalog.

I have seen this statement in every catalog and bristle when I see it. The Bullitt has the 6 bolt flywheel and 11" clutch. I believe my VIN has the X but it is 100% Romeo motor.

See my lpost under TECH named "Flywheel Help" regarding the flywheel I bought. Advertised for 11" clutch which was BS I assume. New clutch did not fit.

Someone needs to do some proof reading in the FRPP catalog.

I answered your question about the flywheel problem over on MD and as I stated, Frpp does not make a stronger flywheel for your appt, atleast I don't see one listed.
the "D46" you bought only fits 1996 to 1998 Mustang Gt's wth a 6 bolt crank and a 10.5' clutch

you have to-be cautious when buying parts today for our cars, Ford calls this the "Modular Engine Family" where EVERYTHING is suppose to interchange but this is not the case. Ford engineers suck, plain and simple. it's just like 351W & 351C ALL over again:mad:

no, incorrect and AGAIN:

1999 & 2000 year Mustang GT's have Windsor Engines in them and IN 1999 & 2000 the Mustang GT's wth the Windsor engine have 8 bolt flywheel and 8 bolt crank.

1996 to 1998 Mustang GT's have Romeo engines in them and have 6 bolt flywheels and

2001 to 2004 Mustang GT's have Romeo engines in them and have 6 bolt flywheels and 6 bolt cranks and a 3650 trans.

ALL DOHC Cobras have 8 bolt flywheels and cranks wth all manual trans
2004 Mach 1's wth sticks have 8 bolt flywheels and cranks while the automatic Mach 1's have 6 bolt flywheels and cranks

NOTHING IN THE VIN TELLS YOU WHAT ENGINE PLANT THE ENGINE IS FROM, THATS BAD INFO.

I don't think I can make this ANY clearer:shrug:

ok so I have a 04 mustang gt that I need to replace the flywheel and clutch In so I need a 6 bolt flywheel and clutch correct? and does it matter if I get a 10.5 or an 11 inch flywheel and clutch what is the differenc and bare with me ive never done a blog befor.

Was looking at flywheels and clutches last and wondering had a 6 or 8 bolt. Nice post, thanks. About your other point, I have never understood Ford's need for not having some sort of standard with their engines and such. All the factories have to do it their way for some reason. I'm sure they have their reason, but I don't get it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Guys. Just to stir things up, there are 2001+ Romeo SOHC Romeo motors in the wild that came with 8 bolt cranks from the Ford Factory. They are not common. Ford ran short of 6 bolt cranks and used the 8 bolt instead.

So it is possible that someone out there has run into a Romeo motor that should normally have a 6 bolt crank which in fact had an 8 bolt crank. But this just goes to show how interchangeable the cranks really are.

Glad you said that because thats exactly what happened. Ford couldn't keep up with the demand and had to take parts from the romeo plant and sub the cranks. Let me find my source