Foam out the Radiator

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
What would cause a foam like substance to come out the radiator? It looks like it u put some soap in there and in would just bubble out. I cleaned out the the radiotor and ran straight water in the lines for like 10 minutes and filled it back up and the same thing. What gives?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a bad head gasket or maybe lower intake. Not all blown head gaskets or leaky intakes put the coolant into the oil, sometimes it's sucked into the intake and passed out the exhaust without making a milkshake. :shrug:

Whatever it is, good luck!

Usually a gasket like that, that's not subjected to compression forces, will only leak outward or into the oil pan. In order to make foam or bubbles, there has to be air forced into the system. This is usually because of a head gasket problem. Did you only change one head gasket? Was this a while ago, or just recently? What head bolts did you use?

Both head gaskets. ARP studs is what I used. And yes about a month ago. And the foam has been there before and after the gasket just didnt really have time to go here and check

see if a parts suppiier will rent you one. you pressurize the coolant sys with an hand air pump attached to the rad cap. but it sounds like a head gasket to me too. did you get the heads and intake manifold surfaced or ck'd for warping?