FOB keyless entry I cant find the right one will another work?

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
I am trying to find a FOB for my keyless entry on my car but i cant seen to locate one with the same numbers that are on the module.

can i just buy one with different numbers or a later model one for a 99+ mustang?
does it have to have the same exact numbers?

and i already tryed fleabay.:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

How do you know if you have the module?

look in the trunk on drivers side and remove insulation see picture below....ok the module is located behind the plastic box in the picture but to test if you have the module and see if its working properly turn your ignition on and usa paper clip or wire and make a connection to the two pins within the grey connector circled in white and the locks should cycle to lock then unlock position you will be able to hear this from the trunk area easily...this would mean the module is installed and in good shape....

trunklk.jpg

Attachments

• trunklk.jpg
    trunklk.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 123
well i work for a place and i can get them direct for $15 anyone needs one let me know .dealer rips you off big time.i can get all GM remotes. 3-4 button remotes for ford good for trucks and cars...chrysler ,jeep remotes(ones with the key built on it) $20 for them. and they are all new.we actually ship them with the modules we make.ive helped plenty of friends out.well anyways let me know...oh and yes the new ones should work .

well the locks dont lock then unlock the module clicks then nothing so I guess its bad.

anybody know where i can find one?

Would a bad module cause rear lights not to work, door lock not to work, hazards/turn signal not to work?

if i unhook the module would the locks work or would they not,? what I mean is would it have any affect on lights?

where can i find more info on the ford keyless entry system for trouble shooting?

click on link for a module....http://motors.search.ebay.com/musta...mZR8QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ6000QQsamcmZ6000QQsaspiZ2 i bought a module a few weeks ago off ebay because i thought mine was bad but i just had a bad connection. so i resold it on ebay and recovered my money....i dont know if a bad module would cause your problems but if it has a short within the module it certainly can cause these symptoms. mine would not work so i just bought one for $20 on e-bay instead of trouble shooting and in the process of installing i fixed the original module problem and resold the module i purchased after testing it on my car and ensured it worked and lost no money....something to think about.