focus fuel pump wiring harness??? big problem!!!

spoc8hi

Feb 17, 2008
mobile alabama
hi guys, im in the middle of a fuel pump swap. i pulled out what i thought was the stock fuel pump and found out that it isnt stock. whoever changed it also swapped the plug-in/ wiring harness that came with the stock gt fuel pump. its a 99 gt and the plug in for the pump that was in there was a long rectangular shape. the svt focus fuel pump is a little square plug in. i dont have the new wiring harness for the focus pump and now im gonna have to find one. here are my questions.........

1. is the stock gt and the svt focus plug-in the same or am i supposed to have to re-wire it???
2. do a regular focus and an svt focus have the same plug in (in case i have to go to a junk yard)
3. does anyone know where i can get this plug-in without having to buy a whole new pump???

• Sponsors (?)

I just did the same swap this morning and i can tell you that the stock gt connector is the same as the svt focus. I cant say if its the same for the regular focus but you can take your focus pump with you to the junkyard and see if it matches up. You can try calling your local stealership and see if they sell a pigtail but i doubt they do and if they do have one they will probably charge you a arm and a leg for it. also see if there is a ford only recycler around they will un-doubtably have a mustang or 2 laying around that you can rape for the connector.

you probably had a return style walboro pump in your car. that style pump requires a different connection. it's a good thing you are replacing the pump as the walboros are ticking time bombs in a returnless style fuel system.