Electrical Fog light plugs???

Espo720

May 4, 2016
If someone had higher watt bulbs in the lights, or they were hanging open in a 5.0 LX, it’s possible. If you are sure the wiring and plug is good on the light end, I’d be considering a more universal weather resistant replacement connector pair for both sides. Be sure to skip on shrink tube, solder, then shrink the shrink tube over the solders.
Thats where I was heading once this rain lets up. Trying like hell to keep factory connectors but I guess you can only fix so much of someone else’s screw ups.

• Sponsors(?)

5.0Pilot

Feb 14, 2009
Oxnard, CA
The spades on the fog light arent long enough to make contact. Break a fuse and used the blades to tuck inside the plugs.

Espo720

May 4, 2016
The spades on the fog light arent long enough to make contact. Break a fuse and used the blades to tuck inside the plugs.

One plug ended up being cracked on the light side so I cut it and used spade connectors temporarily. Other side needed the slots bent shut a bit to make contact. All seems to work now but your right, they blades aren’t long enough

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
The fog lights will cause a problem if you don't correct them like Ford did in a TSB.

• Useful
Reactions: General karthief