Electrical Fog light plugs???

Espo720

May 4, 2016
Hey guys my 90 lx was sort converted into a cobra by the previous owner. He slapped the gt front end on with the fogs but they don’t work.

I’ve traced everything with a test light and get juice at the plugs when the headlights and fog switches are on, but neither light comes on. I bench tested each fog and they do indeed work, so I cleaned the connections and gave em dilectric grease. Still not lighting though. Any ideas? I’ve noticed those oval plugs aren’t sold anywhere and don’t want to cut things up if I don’t have to.

• Sponsors (?)

Black wire at the connector is ground, check it at the connector by the fog light
Alright will check in the am. There’s no separate pigtail that peels outta the harness for ground?

I appreciate ya checking for me, I don’t have a garage built yet at our new house so I turned the shed into a shop but don’t have power up there yet. Once it gets dark it gets difficult, we live on a mountain so its darkkkkkk

Headlamps   Foglamps.JPG GL no pages.jpg Ground 2.jpg

You have no power and ground in the socket?
Make sure the pins in the plug are making contact, probe the wires with a needle to check power/ground.
Wires probed it should all work. I made jumpers and bench tested the lights off a battery and they light right up. I’m kinda stumped. All the grounds check out, only thing I can think of is the slots on the plugs are worn enough to not make contact when plugged in.

Reactions: 1 user
So the fog lights (that is what you are working on right) are not mounted?
The fogs are mounted up. Are the brackets maybe self grounding? I’ve wired lights that are that way before, but figured since the diagram shows wired grounds it should be fine. Plus both of em are out at the same time.
Plugs were cleaned with QD cleaner and given a squirt of dielectric grease in each socket.

If someone had higher watt bulbs in the lights, or they were hanging open in a 5.0 LX, it’s possible. If you are sure the wiring and plug is good on the light end, I’d be considering a more universal weather resistant replacement connector pair for both sides. Be sure to skip on shrink tube, solder, then shrink the shrink tube over the solders.
Yea but what are the odds both connectors are no good?