Fog light question for the 05

Yellow99Saleen

Apr 23, 2003
Atlanta
I am probably asking a question that no one knows the answer for, but here goes. Does anyone think those foglights can be de-optioned from the front grille. To me it makes no sense and looks too rally style. A silver Gt with those white stripes without the fogs would look amazing.

• Sponsors (?)

Yellow99Saleen said:
I am probably asking a question that no one knows the answer for, but here goes. Does anyone think those foglights can be de-optioned from the front grille. To me it makes no sense and looks too rally style. A silver Gt with those white stripes without the fogs would look amazing.

I don't think they will have a fog light delete option like they do for the spoiler. I didn't see it in the Ford Options Guide for Dealer draft I posted up here a week ago or so. What you can do though is remove the grille and replace it with one from the V6. Or wait for some aftermarket accessory. I'm sure they will make a grill or 2 or 6 because a lot of people are commenting about alternate grilles/fog lights.

numenor27 said:
I didnt see it in the guide either, but I heard a while ago that you can have them taken off, like the spoiler

You could be right... nothing is final here until May 24. That's when the options packages are final and you can order your stang with FINAL options, not anticipated options.

i originally hated the fog lights on the gt. i thought it looked awkward and too crowded. the thing is.. the fog lights is what sets the gt apart from the v6. everyday i see probably 15 mustangs on the highway. 13 of them are v6's. the other 2 are the gt's.

if im spending 30k on a car, i dont want it to be confused for a 20k car. so... what i figured is how to make the fog lights look better. the main problem is with the grill, not the lights. if u replaced the grill with another grill without the mustang emblem (i like the billet style) and put some type of metal housing over the plastic fog light housing... the fog lights would be transformed into looking truly bas ass. in addition, doing what i said would cost less than having the fog lights removed and a new oem mustang v6 grill put on.

Yellow99Saleen said:

Hey Yellow99 Saleen

did you get my Pm i sent you / ? :shrug:

I would like to have a GT that has both the stock fogs and headlights removed and replaced with angel-eyes, like they have on the BMW. Can you imagine how menacing that car would look at dusk with 4 angel eyes on? Or at night with the headlamps on and two angel-eyes in the grille... :drool:

Scot_94GT said:
what are angel eyes?

Headlights that look like these when you've only got parking lights on....in the middle of the angel eye is a projector lamp.

View attachment 525473

Look like this at night (off a M5)
293347_29_full.jpg

293347_27_full.jpg

477978_15_full.jpg

:drool:

I don't think the placement of the fogs is bad, I think it's more of a sizing issue. They are the same size as the head lights!!! Maybe if they were 3/4 size of the headlight it probably would have looked better.
And yes, those BMW headlights are sweet!

MrClean302 said:
I don't think the placement of the fogs is bad, I think it's more of a sizing issue. They are the same size as the head lights!!! Maybe if they were 3/4 size of the headlight it probably would have looked better.
And yes, those BMW headlights are sweet!

Nice, but they would run the price up.... again..... those things have got to be expensive.

I think the fog lights look good, save for the cheap plastic look surrounding them- my main gripe thus far is the terrible looking stock rims only being available- when are the 18" options coming out?