For guys with Cages, What did you use for a Harness

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
I am putting a harness in my car so i am legal when i hit the track this summer, my question is where did you mount the crotch and lap belts?

I was going to order a bracket from UPR that basically bolts to where the seats are and has a hole to mount the crotch strap.

What about the lap belts though? where is a good place to bolt them, can i just use the factory holes where you bolt the regular seat belts to?

• Sponsors (?)

FWI, if you have aftermarket seats you will have to have a harness that attaches to the cage somewhere. Some tracks really inforce this but most don't check for street cars. As for where/how to mount them, it kind of depends on the harness you get. You can get some that are cage mount and some that bolt where the bottom of both stock ones are and on where the seats mount.

With my RCI Platinums...I use the Wolfe bracket for the submarine belt(yes its more expensive, but i refuse to buy UPR copied parts!), and use the stock seat belt mounting positions for the lap belts.

With my RCI Platinums...I use the Wolfe bracket for the submarine belt(yes its more expensive, but i refuse to buy UPR copied parts!), and use the stock seat belt mounting positions for the lap belts.

sweet, thats all i need to know, BTW ive read both those articles way back in the day, your car is prett badass for making all those pulls when they did that muffler test. Much Respect for a car that can handle that type of abuse!