For Sale D&D Viper T56 6 Speed Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxinator

Apr 15, 2010
Up for sale is a D&D Viper T56 (This is an actual Viper trans, NOT a Viper-spec, which is just an upgraded T56 with some Viper parts), for $2800 obo. I will be shipping it truck freight, and the last time I shipped a trans from New Jersey to myself in California, it only cost me $150 + $40 for insurance. If you have a reasonable offer, please PM me and we'll see what can be worked out.

The trans is coming out of my 81 Mustang that has a 2004 Cobra 4.6 in it. You can see the base specs for it at:

D&D Performance - BA10 Ford/Viper T-56 Elec. Speedometer

This trans costs $3500 from D&D for just the trans itself and no other accessories. I'm selling it because I'm moving into a Lentech automatic 4R70W.

This trans is set up for an electronics speedometer, and I had it gone thru last year by Anaheim Gear and they did a few extra tweaks to it, so it can handle upwards of 800 ft/lbs of torque. and the extra mods they did were upgrading it to all of the keys to billet pieces, as well as putting in billet 3/4 dogs (See their invoice below). Those are the weakest parts after what D&D does to upgrade the trans when they initially sell it.

It has the .50 sixth gear, and with 3.73's, I would be revving about 1800 RPM at 80 MPH. It has about 12000 miles on it right now, and comes with a modular bellhousing, Pro 5.0 shifter, yoke, new throwout bearing, clutch cable, clutch quadrant, and clutch fork. The handle on the shifter is out of a GT500 and I customized it with a small pushbutton that's had the wiring contained within the handle for a clean look. I had the button activating a relay to turn on my line lock.

It has about twenty 1/8 mile passes, and twenty 1/4 mile passes on it, with pretty much ALL passes being from between idle and 3000 RPM, and NO dropping the clutch. I only had 10x26x15 slicks, so with 607 RWHP going through them, it would spin them through 1st gear no matter what I did. To give you an idea, with that much HP, my best 60ft was 1.68. That tells you that it never hooked properly, so the trans never felt a hard blow. I also changed the trans fluid after about 8000 miles. It comes with the pigtails for the output shaft speed sensor and reverse lockout.

T561.jpg

T562.jpg

T563.jpg

T564.jpg

T565.jpg

T566.jpg

T567.jpg

T568.jpg

T569.jpg

T5610.jpg

T5611.jpg

T5612.jpg

T5613.jpg

T5614.jpg

T5615.jpg

T5616.jpg

T5617.jpg

Here's a copy of the invoice from when the trans was rebuilt:

AnaheimGearInvoice-1.jpg

If you're concerned about how it would fare being shipped, here's an example of the last transmission that I packaged up for shipping. Note that I make a point to protect the input/output shafts.

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to extend the offer I made to a couple people who are trying to get the money together. I will do $2550 shipped (That's $2400 + what it would cost to ship to the East Coast, if the shipping is less than $150 for someone closer, then it will obviously be that much less than $2550), if you would want insurance, it would be about $40 to $50 extra. This is a great deal on a solid trans. If the buyer would also like, I could take it to Anaheim Gear and have them test it on their trans dyno for $50, which I would split with the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.