For the guy who said I'd never sit in a Ford GT.. PICS INSIDE

Ferf said:
Notice how he has white gloves on in the first picture? I guess he didn't want to leave any grubby little hand prints anywhere!

Anyone have 150K that I could borrow?

later,

Chris
You damn straight I had rubber gloves on. lol. I don't want to get bitched at. :)

As for driving it.. Hell no I didn't drive it. If I drove it I would have never brought it back hahaha. Only the owner of the dealership drove it, understandably. As I said, our first GT went for 380,000 dollars... I don't know if I'd want to drive a car worth that much... I'd be screwed it I hurt it or crashed it.

• Sponsors (?)

I live in Apex/Cary/Raleigh, NC and my local dealership has a Ford GT. I was in the dealership when a guy walked in with a blank check and said he would pay $100,000 over sticker! Yes, that is $250,000 for the GT. The dealership declined his offer! They are holding out for more!!! That car is bad azz though!

I got to sit in the concept one, nice isn't it? Ford really did a good job, though I think it needed the Gurney bubble, for me anyway...I was touching the roof (I'm around 6'3" or so). Though I didn't get to adjust the seats, so I don't know if I could have fit better. The one thing that I would do if I ever bought one would be get custom valve covers made. Instead of "Powered by Ford", mine would say "Owned by Ford". Just kidding :nice: Anyway, I wouldn't buy one, i'm waiting for the Cobra to come out in Daytona coupe form. As long as it isn't much over the Ford GT's price and nothing I like better comes out i'm definately getting one. I might have to sell a one of my buildings, but I really wouldn't mind.

u lucky sob
i just want to get back home from school so i can see one of the ones they got at a dealership where i grew up. they got two in, both already sold but one's still there and they're getting #'s 3&4 in very soon, but they have yet to get a single mustang in, am i the only person who thinks that is a little weird?

Yep, 380,000 dollars. Insane, but if you want one... You're gunna pay for one. It's not my dealer putting a mark up on it, it's the buyers wanting one so bad. It's a bidding car, so there are a couple guys bidding for it. The guy that one the first GT we had said he'd go as high as 400,000 dollars.

SnakeyVert said:
I thought those were 150K....wow, looks like ILL never sit in one LOL nice pictures, thanks for sharin

No problem man. Also. You are correct in saying they are 150,000 dollars. But that's MSRP. You won't ever buy one of these at MSRP, because they are so limited of a production car, and every millionaire wants one. If you want a Ford GT, you will pay top dollar.

I work at Gary Yeomans Ford in Daytona Beach. It's a huge dealer and has a huge service department. I did a rough count of lifts in our shop, and I came up with 51. haha. It takes me 4 minutes to walk from the one end of the shop to the other. We're huge. We should be getting our 3rd in shortly. First was White with Blue strips, this one was Red with White strips.. I dunno what the next one will be.

Stang8URMPRT said:
...Well, we got our 2nd Ford GT in today.....

This begs the question, how did you dealership get 2 GT's? Dealerships are only supposed to be getting one if they won the lottery to get a car or were a sales leader. How did your dealership get 2?

Was one a courtousy delivery? Or did the dealership order both cars?

I haven't got the foggiest "how" we got two, but we are set to get 3. We are a HUGE dealer. At one point, we had 250 (04) Mustangs on the lot. We've had probably 12 05 GTs come through already. Ford is nice to those dealerships that sell the living crap out of cars. It's like how Chevy used to be (or maybe still is) about the Corvette. You got a certain number of Corvettes dependent on how many cars you sold, other then special orders.

tjm73 said:
This begs the question, how did you dealership get 2 GT's? Dealerships are only supposed to be getting one if they won the lottery to get a car or were a sales leader. How did your dealership get 2?

Was one a courtousy delivery? Or did the dealership order both cars?

One of my local dealerships is getting 2. One they got in the lotery the other was because they won the presidents award from Ford. If a dealer gets this award, they get a GT.

Stang8URMPRT said:
You damn straight I had rubber gloves on. lol. I don't want to get bitched at. :)

As for driving it.. Hell no I didn't drive it. If I drove it I would have never brought it back hahaha. Only the owner of the dealership drove it, understandably. As I said, our first GT went for 380,000 dollars... I don't know if I'd want to drive a car worth that much... I'd be screwed it I hurt it or crashed it.

380k!!!! I thought they were supposed to sell for 150k!!!