For those seeing prices OVER MSRP!!!

First off, today I test drove an '05 GT.....the salesman told me to "drive" the car....had it up to 180 km/h on the 401 (highway in southern Ontario). Anyways, i asked him about dealers selling the Stangs for more than the MSRP. He said Ford CANNOT sell them for over MSRP, the only way around it is if the dealership actually buys the car, then they can sell it for whatever they want....but isn't that a used car if they buy it? Would you not be the second owner of that vehicle?

I suggest if you see it for over MSRP, leave.....and be sure to tell the salesman why you are leaving.

• Sponsors (?)

DaTT(1sK) said:
First off, today I test drove an '05 GT.....the salesman told me to "drive" the car....had it up to 180 km/h on the 401 (highway in southern Ontario). Anyways, i asked him about dealers selling the Stangs for more than the MSRP. He said Ford CANNOT sell them for over MSRP, the only way around it is if the dealership actually buys the car, then they can sell it for whatever they want....but isn't that a used car if they buy it? Would you not be the second owner of that vehicle?

I suggest if you see it for over MSRP, leave.....and be sure to tell the salesman why you are leaving.
Thats not the case here in US though
the dealer can add the "adjusted market value", and never tell ford about that extra they cash in,, BUT if you report the dealer that does that to you to Ford, they will get in trouble for that,,, so far I havent seen any local dealership selling a dime over MSRP....