Ford 6.2 SOHC

Do any of you guys know if the new 6.2 SOHC engines from the F150's will fit in the 99-04's? I read an article from 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords stating it would not fit in the 05 and up but they never mentioned the 99-04. I think this would be an awesome swap if at all possible.

• Sponsors (?)

I highly doubt it. The 5.4 that's in the Raptor now won't fit? Sn-95's. Might shoehorn it in the 05-09's. So when the upsize it to the 6.2 I really doubt it will fit.
I want the new 5.8 the've released in new 2013.. Basically a 5.4 bored out. Look out ZL1's an ZR1's bout ta sure see my backside.

Is the engine bay in the 05-09's larger in width than the 99-04's? I need to measure the distang b/w the shock towers next time I am at a car show or something on the 05's. I know the 5.4 is tight with the DOHC but I am thinking the SOHC is small in head diameter which is the area that makes these engines so large. An custom low riser intake would be needed to avoid the large cowl hood. I dont...maybe just dreams here. I am hoping somebody with a shop is attempting this to determine if this is at all possible.