Ford C Springs "Need your experience"

rickster99

Jun 14, 2004
Guys, I was looking to buy the Ford C springs but I am not sure. I have searched the forum for information on these springs but I havent really had anything jump out at me that will convince me to buy them.

I want you to give me your experience with them. What have you heard or seen about them? Will I have to do anything additional to install them? Does anyone have pictures of an 03 with these springs? Give me as much information as possible and as always I do appreciate your input on this.

• Sponsors (?)

The search function may have been acting up that day.. try a search for frpp springs, and you'll find a ton of threads about C springs.. not much of a drop, an inch or so, but pretty cheap.. I think 150 shipped from MT right now. The price seems to be the most convincing part for most people.

I put these springs on my 98 gt. Personally i would have liked more of a drop and they wore out my stock shocks. But then again i had 70k miles on my car and my stock shocks were probably getting a lil old. I'm putting H&R supersports on my new 02 gt. Everyone on here seems to say nothing but good things about them. If you want a cheap way to lower your car a little bit then i say go with the C springs. But personally im going the lil more expensive way and doing it right. H&R springs run about 220 from maximummotorsports.com

Nice1Ford said:
I just had mine installed yesterday. Nice drop and not a bad ride. Well worth the money.

I would agree. I've had mine on for about 9 months now and still like the looks of it.
If you want to go more expensive, go ahead. I think the quality of them is really good. And have no complaints. Installation was pretty straight-forward.

I've had mine for about a year now and I don't have any complaints. I like the look and the ride. The install was much easier than I expected. I don't need c/c plates and I'm still on the same stock shocks/struts that came on the car. It dropped the front about 1 1/4 inches and the back about 1 inch. I cut 1/2 of the dead coil off of the rear to try and get it a little more even to the front. It still has a little rake to it, but I like it. Well worth the money to me.
Here's a couple recent pics:
DSC01693.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01693.jpg
    DSC01693.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01691.jpg
    DSC01691.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 36
I did the same as MaxxMundo and cut an extra 1/2 coil from the rears. It's been about 2 years and I like them, honestly if it lowered the car any more I'd be scraping the speed bumps around here.

DCP_3916.JPG

Attachments

• DCP_3916.JPG
    DCP_3916.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for the info guys. I like the pics too. I was looking at the gigantic gap between the wheel well and the wheel and I measured it. Its 4 inches in the front. What I figured is if I do the springs it will drop 1.5 inches. I will get 18 inch rims or rather 18 x 9 with 275 40 18 and it should only leave me with a 1.5 inch gap give or take. What do you guys thing? Do you think I will have any problems with tire rub?

I love the Ford "C" springs. This made the car feel so much better over the factory loose junk. Makes it feel like a Mustang should have been from the factory. The ride to me is excellent. The drop was exactly what i wanted. This may sound crazy, but this mod had the best end result of anything one part I have ever put on a car. Really.

Way2QWK said:
I love the Ford "C" springs. This made the car feel so much better over the factory loose junk. Makes it feel like a Mustang should have been from the factory. The ride to me is excellent. The drop was exactly what i wanted. This may sound crazy, but this mod had the best end result of anything one part I have ever put on a car. Really.

Ok you guys have me just about ready to order. So the question now is, where should I order them from?

I've had C springs for a few years now.... They are good springs, no complaints here. I would suggest cutting 1/2 to 1 full coil off the rears and getting better shocks. I noticed a little extra "bounce" from the rear after my install, so I promptly up graded to Bilstein's at all four corners and haven't had a problem since....

Just so you guys know that your input does not go on deaf ears .... here is what your suggestions resulted in...

The bottom half of my receipt:
Name Code Qty Each Options
-------------------------------------------------------
Ford Racing Springs 24006 1 149.99
(Mustang C-Springs)
Subtotal 149.99
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 149.99

MineralMan said:
The "C" Springs are what came on the Bullitt from the factory, right?

Will the "C" springs work for a convertible? I've got the H&R SS on my convertible, and I've grown tired of scraping everywhere I go.

Nope, Bullitt had its own special springs with a lesser drop than the FRPP stuff.

I think the C-springs will work with a convertible, but also consider the FRPP G-springs. Designed for convertibles, they apparently lower a more or less constant 1.2" front and back. C-springs could lower more given a convertible's extra weight. :shrug: