Ford Carlisle 2010

Did you book at HC Dan?

Yes I did :nice: I stopped into their bar the 2nd year I went to Carlisle and the hotel seemed really nice so it should work out.

Thanks Ryan for posting the link!

Dan, I stayed at the HC last year and I thought it was a nice facility and the back-way to the show field is very quick. The karts at Lehigh are incredible. Speeds reach 45mph, all karts have on-board timers so you can see who is leading the laps and times on every lap on a board above the start/finish line. $60 might sound steep but its an absolute blast!!! If it was closer I'd be broke!

I'll drop $60 on that no problem! I've always wanted to get behind the wheel of one of those karts, it'll just add to the gearhead-ness of the weekend :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

awesome. I'm glad then the whole crew got hotel rooms already. No trying to figure it out last minute. Now if we can only get Charlie on board we'll be golden.

/rant

DAMN IT!!! I just got word that my stupid lift is delayed for another freaking month. This means there is no way that I will have the turbo on for carlisle as I refuse to do the install without it. I'm so mad right now I can barely type!

/end rant

BTW- I wish this was an April Fools day joke by sadly it isn't.

that really blows Paul. when are they saying it will come in?

They claim at the middle/end of May. It takes a week to ship here though from California and then I have to pick it up at a terminal and assemble it. There's no way I'll have the time needed to get the lift up and turbo on in time. I'm so ticked off I'm tempted to cancel my order all together.

is there any other places that sell the same ones? i'm sure you got a good deal but maybe if you pay a smidge more you can actually get the darn thing on time.

is there any other places that sell the same ones? i'm sure you got a good deal but maybe if you pay a smidge more you can actually get the darn thing on time.

No one stocks these as everyone drop ships them from the MFG. They are willing to knock 5% off of it if I wait but I fell like telling them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. They already withdrew the ~$3K from my account nearly 3 weeks ago for it. I am pissed off about this. I need to change the brakes on my infiniti and since my cobra is up on my 4 jack stands I can't do it, and that is just making me even madder about it.

Let's start planning the after hours stuff now. I feel like last year was kind of a bust compared to years past and I don't know if it was due to not planning stuff in advance or what. I came home last year a bit let-down. What are some of all of your ideas on what to do this year after we leave the show field?

you'd be more than welcome if you came down!

i'm down for whatever. I did have a good time at the go cart place so i'd be down for that. i did think about bringing the Buick this year so we don't HAVE to take the stangs everywhere. Makes it easier to get places sometimes. If there is enough of a reason, i'll talk Katie into driving it out, but if not them i won't.

how granular do you want to get Paul? no matter how much we plan it, we should assume that Troy won't be able to make it :rolleyes: