Ford Dealer and Off-rode bassani pipe

Nate14120

Oct 26, 2003
Hey, last fall I had the dealership replace my idler pulley because it had a squeaky bearing. It has the 12month/12k warranty deal and since then I have put on a bassani x-pipe without cats. Just wondering what you people thought. Will they complain about the pipe? I have mil's properly installed and working so there is no check engine light. I don't think they will need to put the car on the lift for this fix. Hopefully they don't look under my car =) Anybody with and o/r pipe and mils ever have problems with shops?

• Sponsors (?)

You never know....me, I would put the stock pipe on just to be safe. If you don't care about the warranty, then don't bother....or if the dealership is known as "mod friendly" one. They might not put it in the air...but they WILL hear the difference.

forgive me for not knowing, but what is it your looking to have them do? If it deals with exhaust they can tell you no way. But take it to a SVT dealer not just your run-of-the-mill Ford dealer. Most likely they won't care, the law only states that no business can legally put a exhaust system (piece or whathave you) WITHOUT cats on any vehicle. If it is already on the car, and they aren't working on the exhaust, then they really shouldn't care. I've had my car at the dealer with longtubes and o/r h-pipe, I had all the mechanics checking the car out and complementing me. So don't fret, if they are jerks go someplace else! Just my $.02, hope this helps.

Matt :flag:

exhaust will not void your waranty on your idler pulley. they can only void it on parts directly connected. example you have an o/r x-pipe and you blow the guts out of your factory cat back. your problem. a/c blows up their problem. only SVT dealers can service SVT cars. don't change out your pipe it's just more work for you and none of their business don't sweat it.