Ford Dealership and Warranty Work?!?!?

Nate14120

Oct 26, 2003
Hey, last fall I had the dealership replace my idler pulley because it had a squeaky bearing. It has the 12month/12k warranty deal and since then I have put on a bassani x-pipe without cats. Just wondering what you people thought. Will they complain about the pipe? I have mil's properly installed and working so there is no check engine light. I don't think they will need to put the car on the lift for this fix. Hopefully they don't look under my car =) Anybody with and o/r pipe and mils ever have problems with shops?
If they do find out about it. I konw they won't do the work for free. But can they do anything about it besides void the warranty? Any help would be appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the dealership ive been told by the one here where I live as long as i dont get to extreme they dont care as for NOS and superchargers and internal motor work.
They told me the Bassani Xpipe voids the Cat and exhaust warranty and not the complete warranty itself. I have not said nothing to them and nothing said to me.
I have also been told by some very large dealerships that they dont care and even if just place Flows on your car it voids it. Even though it does not it just depends on how much of an A Hole they want to be. But you shoud be safe because any good mechanic knows a Xpipe does not effect the entire motor or tranny.

When I called the warranty company they told me that if the mod was the cause of the problem it would not be covered. I had my car in the shop to replace my leaking intake and the warranty company covered it. Who knows all dealerships are diffrent.