Ford extended warranty

I've been told of an extended bumper to bumper warranty for Ford vehicles. However all I can find is the Extended Service plan. Are these the same thing? It doesn't sound like the ESP is what I'm looking for. I have 35000 miles on the car and it won't last through the middle of July, so any help is greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Why isn't the ESP what you are looking for? I think it is. But I would only buy a Ford plan. Other plans do not have to be honored by your Ford dealer and some might require you to pay the money up front and get your money back later.
Check with your Ford dealer. Also, don't pay full price for a genuine Ford ESP. Most dealers will discount them and there certainly are many places that will make you a deal. But, again, buy genuine Ford ESP.

I've been told of an extended bumper to bumper warranty for Ford vehicles. However all I can find is the Extended Service plan. Are these the same thing? It doesn't sound like the ESP is what I'm looking for. I have 35000 miles on the car and it won't last through the middle of July, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Ford's extended warranties are called Extended Service Plans (ESP for short). The plan you want is the PremiumCare plan which covers just about everything bumper to bumper (except external damage and normal maintenance items). There are three lesser ESP's that cover fewer components, so pass on those if you want bumper to bumper coverage. Choose the number of years, miles, and deductibles, and prepare to negotiate price just like buying a new car. I buy them for all my cars and insist that my family and friends by them, as well, as long as a decent price is secured.

I appreciate your guys' help. I just was confused because Ford doesn't call it an extended warranty. I just wanted to make sure before I bought it that it was infact what I was looking for. But it sounds good to me. Does anyone know if I do this, if the Roush components I have on the car will still be covered?

Will do. Hopefully this will help those who in the future will be in the same position I'm in in their warranty shopping. I guess the Roush parts will be kind of a hit or miss deal. Roush says as long as the car is under warranty, the parts are under warranty, hence the whole apprehension of it being called an "Extended Service Plan."

Do you buy the ESP from the service department or the sales department?

I'm thinking of getting it for my car since I've brought it in for so many little issues that weren't with the power train. Anyone know if it extends the power train warranty to 5 years/100,000 miles as well?

Do you buy the ESP from the service department or the sales department?

I'm thinking of getting it for my car since I've brought it in for so many little issues that weren't with the power train. Anyone know if it extends the power train warranty to 5 years/100,000 miles as well?

Ford offers 4 different levels of coverage. All 4 cover the powertrain, and they cover more and more as you move up the ladder to the top dog ESP: PremiumCare.

You can buy any combination of years, mileage, and coverage. The 5yr/100K Premium Care is just one of dozens of combinations. A friend of mine who drives a ton of miles each year bought a 3yr/100K mile Premium Care for his 06 GT. People who drive less per year (like me) are best served by something like a 6yr/60K Premium Care.

Also, several different deductibles are offered (just like with car insurance), so the deductible choice will affect the cost of the plan, as well.