Ford GT40 paint color/code

I'm looking for the paint code or at least the actual color name for the newer GT40's. It's for another project I'm building not my Stang, here's a pic of one in that color. Had I seen it earlier before I bought the candy apple red paint for the Stang I may very well have gone with this, too late for this project but not the next one. By the way the Stang in the picture is bloody amazing :D

DSC03825.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, I found a similar thread on that same site late last night, I have the color and the code right off the window sticker from a GT40. :D The Tungsten metallic is very nice, it would look great on a fastback with black interior. The car I would be spraying this blue has a medium to light blue interior so the dark blue metallic would really set it off.

I'm looking for the paint code or at least the actual color name for the newer GT40's. It's for another project I'm building not my Stang, here's a pic of one in that color. Had I seen it earlier before I bought the candy apple red paint for the Stang I may very well have gone with this, too late for this project but not the next one. By the way the Stang in the picture is bloody amazing :D

DSC03825.jpg
Hey Rob,

I know a super old thread. Hope you see this. Do you know what color code this mustang is. That blue is amazing. Do you have a pic of what you did with the GT40 color. I'm getting ready to do mine.

Jared

DSC03825.jpg
Those expensive rims were a waste...Why would somebody do that, unless ten years ago that was common. Oh yeah, Chip Foose was popular with Overhaulin. He would do that

Reactions: 1 user

DSC03825.jpg

This is very close to nightmist blue. I used to have a '67 coupe in that color, its a pretty one. The problem is that its as hard to judge color from an internet picture as it is to judge exhaust sound from internet phone clips.

I forgot about this thread, it's been a while. I'm not sure if I ever found the paint code but it's supposed to be one of the stock GT colors for the 2005/6 Ford GT so your paint jobber should be able to look it up.
I haven't got to the project I want to use it on, hopefully next year.
I know it's difficult to judge colors on the internet but I saw the car in person, and it is truly a gorgeous color! The only way you wouldn't like it is if you don't like blue.