FORD OWN YOUR CAR AND ALL THE PHOTOS YOU TAKE OF IT!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
Ford has instructed CafePress.com (a printing website) to not print anything with any of their vehicles in it, regardless of who owns the copyright to the photo/who owns the vehicle.

all i can say is this is freak in retarded...last time i check the title to my car had our name on it not ford motor company.

:nonono:

so basically...all the pictures in the thread of the nicest foxes belong to ford with the way they think it...and any other picture you have ever taken of any other ford mustang...

and to top it off basically if you take a picture of your car ford owns the rights, if you want the picture. you got to pay for it!!!!

this is retarded...

converse people!

• Sponsors (?)

This has been covered here in 5.0 talk already, as well as in the Lounge and in several of the other forums here on Stangnet.

To recap, Ford is stopping Cafepress from printing an unlicensed Mustang calendar, which is completely within their rights. If the title of the calendar had been "BMC" calendar, there would have been no issue. By calling it a "Black Mustang Club" calendar, it got shut down. Ford owns the copyright to any publication like a calendar that features Mustangs and bills itself as a "Mustang" calendar, regardless of who owns the cars pictured. If a company wants to make a profit using the Mustang name, they have to pay a licensing fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.