Ford Racing Performance Lowering Spring Kit?

bkmagby

Sep 14, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or opinions of the Ford Racing Performance Parts Lowering Spring kit? I came across them on the Ford Performance Parts web site. It says quote " Progressive spring, designed for increased handling and performance. Lowers 2005-06 Mustang GT approximately 1.5".

I have read that there have been some problems with Eibach and other Spring Lowering kits. Things like "popping and cracking noises", "uneven heights" and so forth, (who knows, maybe they were just installed incorrectly). So anyway, when I came across the Ford Racing Spring Lowering kit it made me wonder if it would be a safer bet for being problem free since it is designed and sold by Ford.

Is this a correct assumption, or am I way off the mark? What are your opinions?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Most companys track/street test their products, and have proved to be good contenders in the spring mkt like steeda, hypercoil, FRPP, eibach. They run the same quality and will last just as long it's just what type of spring rate and drop you want out of them.

"Progressive spring, designed for increased handling and performance"

a progressive spring goes thru levels of coiling upward durring load insted of a standard rate that bouncing thru-out the entire spring so yes they well have a better ride.

ex. 400-650lb. progressive spring rate - mild turn in a pro-spring would be hitting 400lbs (insted of a single rate like 650 all the time) even harder turning would force the load to the max 650.