Ford Racing Sealed 347 For a "67" Mustang w/T5Z?

Oct 30, 2007
Stangnet, the feedback received in the classic section on engine questions has been extremely helpful.

I am looking at a Ford Racing Engine that has a good power rating and was built with great parts. It is noted as a sealed crate engine and only see it needing a change of oil pan to work in my 1967 Fastback.

From my knowledge it looks like good choice for my street driven car with a T5Z. I would like to hear what knowledgeable engine guys think. The link below goes to the description of the engine. Thank You

Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-6007-D347SR*]

• Sponsors (?)

Brianj5600, not a bad idea for a few hundred bucks more. The thing is I already have a nice set of ceramic coated headers for a 302 and would also need to buy a stronger transmission. I do not think the T5Z I have will last very long with the power of the 392.

No circle track for me. This engine seems like a slightly detuned version of the Z347 engine that costs about $1600 more. It has a Boss block, Z heads, and comes from trustworthy Fomoco. The power ratings seem good for the trans and suspension I will be installing. It will also work with the ceramic headers I had on my original engine.

Hmm - I did not realize it had the boss block. They do not specifically say that in post. I was looking at z347 but too pricey for me. This does seem like a good alternative. What do you account for the price difference?