Ford Racing Springs B or C?

sgw_88FoxGT

May 18, 2008
I'm getting KYB GR-2s, I need springs, and I don't have the cash for caster/camber plates. Suspension is stock otherwise.

So, Ford Racing B or C springs? Pros/cons of linear vs. progressive? Anybody with the Bs think they handle good enough? Anybody with Cs think they're too harsh? My driving style is "spirited" as TireRack puts it but my Fox is mainly my daily driver. Oh, and I spend 9 months of the year in Chicago where the roads are horrible. Is the handling difference that great?

Any info would be awesome. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

From what I hear those springs tend to drop the front more than advertised. I know my B springs did. Too much "rake" for my taste. I have no experience with the C-springs but I would imagine they're a good bit more stiff. Regardless, I'm not sure you can get away with not running c/c plates.

Run a search on springs, spring rates. There are a couple of informative threads out there.

The B springs are a little rougher than stock, I have em on both of my notches and am well satisfied with them for the price, they will give your car a little bit of rake. Neither of my notches sit level, they each sit just a tad higher in the rear.

i dont have cc plates on mine......u just got to know how to align a car. cc plates just make the alignment easier, which is nice but for $200 ill wait. some cars will need them after a drop, its wierd. i would put the springs in first and see if it can be aligned and save some money.

I would spend your money on something else.
Unless you have MINUMUM 350RWHP suspension mods aren't gonna do much.
I have a stock motor with bolt ons and a T-Moss/Thumper combo. I'm guessing I have 250RWHP. I installed Eibach drag springs w/ an air bag, then I put on Strange 10 way adjustable shocks & struts!
Afterwards I ran it at the track a least 15 runs and didn't make a LICK of difference. I tried all different combinations too! Save your money for an engine mod!

i have b springs in mine and i messed around with removing the iso. i have a litle rake, i like it. i put only the lower iso at all 4 corners, my car sits bad ass

What's an iso?

I'm not looking to modify the suspension. I got plans for that down the road but for now the car just badly needs new shocks and springs so I figure why not go for something a bit nice than stock.

For cc plates, any suggestions? Cheap but effective is what I'd be looking for.

I bought a set of summit racing's CC plates for my 86 model, paid $159 I think, thats about as cheap as I could find them. The ISO he is referring to are the spring isolators, they go on the springs, betweent the spring and the control arms and at the top between the spring and car

I have C-springs on my '88 along with Koni reds and with any dampening besides the minimum my car is far too harsh for New England roads. BUT, with my dampening turned all the way down (coincidentally this is what is recommended by Koni) the ride is fine. The car is lower than what Ford Racing suggests and I did need CC plates to fix things as a result.