Ford starting to make orders?

2005muzzy

May 6, 2004
:shrug: My neighbors son works at the flatrock plant.He told me today that they started making the production cars that go out to the dealers.Can anyone confirm if they started making the orders sent in? I would think so because people ARE recieving the vin numbers to their pre orders.

• Sponsors (?)

Ford was supposed to build a pilot run of 120, 05 Stangs last week. If the build goes properly these cars could be sold. Supposedly these cars will go to the media for test drives and reviews and some of them will go to Ford dealers for display.

klous said:
I don't believe these first run 2005's will be sold.

The Ford engineering manager I spoke with @ one of the 05 Stang showings told me about this pilot run and told me that if everythign went right with the pilot run these 120 Stangs could be sold.

However I agree with you, in that these cars will not be sold as new cars. I believe that as I stated above, these cars will be loaned to the media for review and be used as additional show cars. When the 05 Stang really goes into production these first 120 cars will be sold off as used cars. The original 60 prototypes will be used for crash testing or will just be sent to the crusher.

In the past you where able to buy the test mules. They where sold minus the drivetrain & of course no VIN number. My SCCA AS racer was built from one. Anyone looking to race the 05' should contact Ford Racing & see if they still offer this program.

kylebrady said:
VIN numbers are being assigned to orders. Production might be closer than expected.

It's only 60 something days from job one. That's pretty close. Ford said the Stang will hit dealer lots on or about Sept 27-29. Which means, they will start production probably a month before that.

Thank God!!!!

Only 60 days,I can't wait until we start talking about our experience driving our new mustangs. I can't remember being so excited waiting for something. It's like being a kid waiting for Santa Claus. putting in my pre order soon. Only thing that is keeping me from doing it now is the God awful color decision.Mineral grey or black.I love the black but it's a color hard to maintain. The Wait is almost over. This forum is gonna go nuts when people start getting their new muzzys. I can see the posts now. "I got my stang today" with tons of pics with the owners smiling ear to ear.
Theres got to be a sticky called -----new Stang pics with smiling owners. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :D :D

tkustron said:
i got my vin number today on my mineral grey gt i ordered is there anyway anyone knows of on if i can check my order with that number thanks

The only way to check the status of your order is to use the computer at your Ford dealer. I have preordered two Mustangs in the past and I used to call Customer Service... they would look it up for me, but they never really gave me any specifics. They just pretty much said, "Well, I see it's in the works. We got your order. Should be soon, I think."

sajawebb said:
Is this board low on bandwidth or what? It's so slow!

Late at night, there appears to be too many users on for the sever to handle. :notnice:

But what do you expect for free :shrug:

If you had to pay to particpate in StangNet, you might have something to complain about. :D

Automotive News lists the production figures every week for each make and model. You should be able to tell if they are producing Mustangs by reviewing it. My guess is you will have to find this periodical at your library as most stores do not carry it. Or, you might be able to look on line.

351CJ said:
However I agree with you, in that these cars will not be sold as new cars. I believe that as I stated above, these cars will be loaned to the media for review and be used as additional show cars. When the 05 Stang really goes into production these first 120 cars will be sold off as used cars. The original 60 prototypes will be used for crash testing or will just be sent to the crusher.

I am sure that this is right, but Ford does have a history of Mustangs "on loan to dealers for display only" being accidentally sold, and Mustang that were to be "sent to the crusher" finding their way into private hands intact. :)