Fords new motor

• Sponsors (?)

Sure it's nice..but according to the article its going to put out the same HP you guys have with your 5.0 trick flow set ups... at least , if it ever gets put in the stangs it will be a long time. Twin turbo? $$$$$$$$$. I do like the new cars tho. Considering the way the market has gone with HP, I can see why people are buying the new cars instead of the old cars and fixing them up. The new mustang looks awesome and has tons of power, the camaro rocks and the challenger is soo cool looking but $$$.

didnt take long for a 5.4 to find its way into the mustang. twin turbos only cost money if you dont have the ingenuity to do it urself instead of dropping 5k on a kit. i do agree on the new cars. gas efficient power with a warranty.

I do like the new cars tho. Considering the way the market has gone with HP, I can see why people are buying the new cars instead of the old cars and fixing them up.

Manufacturers are having to add more HP with every new car to compensate for the ballooning weight that goes with their porkier frames. When you also consider the frightening rate of depreciation of new cars, you're definitely better off finding a decent older one as a project vehicle and fixing it up. It's also a lot more fun. New cars are not DIY or mod friendly anymore.

I really wanna see where Ford is going to take the mustang in the next couple of years. Everyone keeps talking about it getting the 5.0L "again" and making some power....

I hope Ford doesnt forget what made the mustang so successful. Making big power is good for the 5% of us to brag about....but what good is big HP if you end up having to quit making the car?

Manufacturers are having to add more HP with every new car to compensate for the ballooning weight that goes with their porkier frames. When you also consider the frightening rate of depreciation of new cars, you're definitely better off finding a decent older one as a project vehicle and fixing it up. It's also a lot more fun. New cars are not DIY or mod friendly anymore.

I agree. These cars don't seem to be going a whole lot faster for all that extra hp.

Kurt