FORDS WEB SITE PUSH Funny!!!

2005muzzy

May 6, 2004
Have ya looked at Fords web site. They are makin a push to get rid of the 2004's.Soon People!!!! VERY VERY SOON the 2005's will arrive .Oh yeah!! They also mentioned in the mustang article that people are gonna have to wait in line to get the new 2005 so bring some snacks. That kind of bugs me in a way(not too professional) but Ford CAN NOT discourage loyal mustang fans like us.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

that's just not right

stang976 said:
your right though "wait in line" is a very discouraging statement for a manufacturor to say to consumers. they could have said "good things take time"....or something a little less aggressive
I'm glad that I'm not the only one taken back by their statement.What was their motive for that? For us to change our mind in waiting and buy their left overs.My friend is the sales manager at Latham,Ny ford and he says that he can't get rid of the existing mustangs on the lot.People just don't want them. he also said he is having the same problem with the thunderbirds.If people are lookin to buy a 2004, there will be plenty after the 2005s come out . At that time the price should drop A LOT.

They know it wouldn't discourage die-hard '05 lovers but might help push those debating between an '04 and an '05 over the fence towards to '04. Clever marketing for those who take everything at face value without questioning it.

manicmustangman said:
They know it wouldn't discourage die-hard '05 lovers but might help push those debating between an '04 and an '05 over the fence towards to '04. Clever marketing for those who take everything at face value without questioning it.

Like that would work PHHHH!

MAN I NEED TO HURRY UP AND GET AN 04...i hate lines! :spot: :D

manicmustangman said:

I think you make a very good point.

Sales of 04 Stangs were good through May, 2004. However, Mustang sales tanked in June. Ford sold only 8,030 stangs in June 04 verses 13,226 in June 03 which was a 39.3% decrease. Sounds like those rumors of Ford running out of 2004's before the 05s are available might be a bit exaggarated and now Ford is worrying about getting rid of the remaining 04's by September.