Forged 331 Stroker Stock Block/Heads Combo

Joey5.0

Feb 13, 2006
Usa
I currently have a stock block 302 being bored and stroked to a 331 with eagles full 4130 forged kit. My plans are to turbo when its done. The compression is being for set up for 8:5:1 with Ford Racing F cam and Fel pro head gaskets with stock Un-ported E7's with all new hardware such as Comp springs, New valves retainers, rockers etc. My question is can this setup make good and safe Hp with Boost? I plan on 430-470RWHP safely. The block will have all arp hardware with new sfi balancer,oil pump, timing chain,tray, and main girdle etc. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Joe

1990 Gt 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

It's all in the tune. Cast crank and stock type rods will outlast your block. I'd save my pennies if I were getting that serious and throw that good internal stuff in a good block. Or use lower end stuff in your stock block. That being said, forged cranks tend to go internal balance easier if that is what you are looking for. What happens if you break the block with all that power and F up all those goodies? You are buying a new block and new expensive goodies.......

If you are going to spend that kind of money on the short block and turbo system, why are you going to use those heads and cam?

At a minimum I would go with some Thumper ported GT-40's and a custom cam.