Forged? 6spd? Preemptive or excessive?

Ranzo

Jun 18, 2010
Your ride: 05-09 S197 GT
Your goal: fun, confident, supercharged street pony you can be proud of, very little track/course time
Your budget: unlimited
Your mentality: spend enough to get the job done without completely throwing money away

I have a full BMR suspension coming. Tires. Full exhaust (LT, h-pipe, etc). Supercharger purchased. Before I install anything I'm considering whether I should..

1) wait and purchase this new FRPP Aluminator 46x and THEN install my supercharger so I can have some insurance

2) rather than install the MGW STS just replace the entire transmission with the Magnum XL kit with a McLeod RXT clutch and lightweight flywheel

I know some people aren't but I would be very happy with 450rwhp. I have no problems with the 3650 right now except sometimes getting into reverse.. I have read of problems occuring later down the road, especially supercharged.

If you were building your own street monster would you bother throwing another $10k out for a forged motor and 6spd transmission or wait until yours breaks and then replace it?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

$400 for the supercharger, elbow, and throttle body. $300 for the gt500 pumps. $150 for the heat exchanger/cai. The injectors were $130. Try the svtperformance forum and check the market. Any GT500 forum really. I had my girlfriend check everyday and gave her my Paypal and had her haggle for me.

Have you bought the manifold yet? Last I saw there was a backlog of orders, but that may have changed.

Anyway - I'd install what I had first. No sense spending money you don't have to. With a good tune, you'll be very happy (and safe) with the DOB kit.

Have you bought the manifold yet? Last I saw there was a backlog of orders, but that may have changed.

Anyway - I'd install what I had first. No sense spending money you don't have to. With a good tune, you'll be very happy (and safe) with the DOB kit.
I haven't. Waiting for my house to close before I spend anymore money. It will be soon though. Really looking forward to it!