forged teksid

billfisher

Jul 17, 2005
huntsville, AL
ok so i got to 30mpg. its ok, but i cant have any fun or the mpg drops to 20. i have to drive slow and NEVER get in it. so...

i ordered forgings today for the teksid i have. same rods as a terminator, but different pistons. no use ruining it with factory slugs that seize in the cylinders. mahle -17cc's i think they are. 8.59:1 C/R.

of course we all know thw only reason to drop CR. but thatg is another story. the 3v heads and intake are going on it. although there is a new B headed intake out there any time. but i have to change too many things on the 4v heads, like cam,springsetc. and the 3v's with springs are easier.

3 angle valve job, smoothed ports, and back-cut valves are the only head work i need.

-bill

heres the link that chronicles my 30mpg trek.....

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=7919602&posted=1#post7919602

• Sponsors (?)

ok. so now the last parts are ordered. i bought a granitelli k-member. it doesnt alter the wheelbase as much as the QA1 part.

all of the exhaust tubing is on the way as well as my rear rims. no more mismatched colors.

i am going to run the passenger exhaust using the FMS stainless 3V right side header i have and turn it through the k-member in the a-arm area then forward to the turbo.

the driver's side header will have to be made. it will feed the turbo directly. the 60mm variable waste gate will have a tube feeding from between the two 2.5" mid tubes.

i am fashioning a stainless downpipe/rear turbo plate for a 3" turbo exhaust piping. im going to run it back through the driver's a-arm area.

i will split it where the x-pipe goes and muffler/turndowns.

project to build motor begins is two weeks. next week i swap the k-member.

the motor:
forged 4340 h-beams
mahle lightweight forged pistons -18cc(99+ 2v)
stock 6 bolt mark VIII crank
clevite bearings
full length Canton screen windage tray
6qt mark vIII oil pan
3v oil pump
stock water pump (05)
pocket ported 3v heads
stock cams
stock shimmed springs
90mm LMAF - blow through
36lb injectors @ 60psi / paxton pressure regulator w/boost sensing / TFS 255lph pump
160 t-stat
cmc delete
mark VIII 57mm throttlbody w/IAC
garrett 80mm 1.15a/r .56 trim cold/ .84 a/r .7 trim turbine turbo charger 25 psi max 3" inlet- 2"outlet cold/ 2.5" in / custom 3" outlet.
tial 60mm wastegate set at 2psi and turbonetics dial a boost 0-25psi
cheap 30mm blow-off valve

i think thats everything on the motor. i ended up getting a few different things than originally planned.

im not putting an intercooler on it right away. the wife is getting mad at the money, so i'll plumb it and add it later.

6psi is all i will run until i get the cooler.

i figure a week to build the whole thing. pulling the 5.4 out and putting the 4.6 in will only take a few days. i will wait longer for the heads than the whole build. the exhaust is planned out i think. with all of the power steering and brake stuff out of the way there's plenty of room now. the k-member will finish any loose details that might get in the way of the exhaust. i will have the motor waiting for the heads this week.
i only want a bit of power.

i will weigh the car on a certified scale after the build. can you say 2900lbs?

i will be removing the lower triangulation bars. my exhaust has to go through there.

it came with lowering bushings and steering rack offset bushings.

you know im sure they have problems. but like the granitelli rear LCA's i use they are just fine and let me tune the chasis.

the intent is to have decent performance with 2.73 gearing and get 35+ MPG with the boost dialed to ZERO. and still have anywhere from 400-550 flywheel hp dialed up.
i forget the calculated boost for 550. i think it is 11psi at 6500 . i didnt calculate it past there. you know that's theoretical. but it should be close.

. the drivetrain just wont take higher boost than that. the compressor map matches engine airflow nicely to 18psi. above 18 psi i'll have to stall the converter up a bit. 3500 i think to avoid surge.

no way i ever boost that high though. not over 12 probably.

i fullt intend to keep it to 6 though for daily grunts.

the last of the stuff came in today. the k-member and 2.5 and 3" tubing with various bends. im going to tig it all together. no clamps. the exhaust is going to be run where i can always twin it if i find i'm unhappy with single. the a/r of the turbine is plenty quick spooling though.
i originally wanted a turbo with an exhaust a/r in the 1 range, but this motor is too small for an 80mm and that a/r i think. well at least i'll never HAVE to go bigger. there are always compressor/housing options out there though.