forgot how good it makes me feel to mash the gas in my stang!

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
just had the car out today for a bit. its not my dd so its been about a week since i drove it. every time i drive the car i give it some gas for sure but i dont always open it up completly on the street.

anyway today i decided to get well into boost a couple of times. mostly in 3rd gear since the first two are useless. so i was crusing and shifting through the gears. once in third i rolled into it. once i hit 3500rpm's i floored it! the thing just halls. when i hit the top of third the tires break loose and the rear just fishtails until i shift to 4th. i love the feeling! the supercharger is awsome.

cant wait till i really get the bugs worked out and i can take this bad boy to 6500 rpm. anyway, the g35 that was next to my when i was rolling into third ended about 12 cars back. i met him at the next red light and he was looking at the car with a blank stare. so were the rest of the cars around me. its just an adrenln rush. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I did the same thing today. I also haven't driven mine in a week. Took her out today and there was a Ram 1500 tailing me. There was another truck in front that I was hoping would turn. Well the the semi in front made the turn. I floored her, the back end kicked left a little during the second gear chirp before gaining traction again and I was gone. That ram stayed way back after that. So much fun to open her up on colder days like today. I'm N/A and an auto but she can still move. Man I can't wait until I get my cams and LTs installed.

I redlined third earlier this week, and got pulled over immediatly after lol.. :(

i passed some jeep who was going about 45 mph in a 55 zone at about 90 and 5500+ rpm and climbing, then he sees the cop fly by him i guess and pull me over lol...

i guess the cop was behind me, i didnt see his car and i was just feeling like unloading third in the cool air. i did and i got up to about 95-100 in a 55 zone right infront of him i evidently.. (my car is completely stock)

he asked for my liscence and insurance, i gave it to him but my insurance happened to expire that day.
he asked if i knew why i got pulled over, i just said, yea.... sorry about that

He asked how fast i was going and said he got up to about 80 and wasnt catching up to me, i was like, uhh sorry about that, not sure exactly what i got up to..

after like 10 mins he came back and said he was gona give me a break. I got off with no speeding ticket, but he gave me a no proof of insurance ticket which cost me 10$ once i proved i had insurance, it was my lucky day :)

anyways i cant imagine having 2x the HP and redlineing 3rd, must be awesome, id get into so much trouble though lol

Yea...Im gonna have this feeeling when my car finally gets fixed.

I love taking off on people and leaving them wondering what just happened.

the procharger hits hard enough to spin the tires at 50-55 mph

get out there and take your cars for a spin f/i or not...it doesnt matter. just go out and get on it a bit and remember why you love your car! dont get in trouble though. every time you do it, its a chance you are taking. i ride out third usually and then get out of it quickly. i also have a radar detector that i keep my eye on.

bottom line is dont do it every day but once in a while its just fun to open it up. :nice:

i get on my car every time i drive it, i take care of it, but i drive it like its meant to be driven

ahh,great statement. i hate so many ppl that call it beating on the car,its like hey,why did i put all these parts on it??? to go fast and drive it like it supposed to be driven.now i gotta go fix my car because i havent driven it since the end of july haha.

oh yea the feeling of horsepower is like no other. i actually like spring and fall alot cause of that cool dense air just being shoved in my intake! :D makes me get all happy in the pants when i do a gear drop from 4th to 2nd and try to hold my rear end steady. nothing like good ol' american pony cars to make you feel all warm and tingly inside even though the weather is turning cold. :flag:

get out there and take your cars for a spin f/i or not...it doesnt matter. just go out and get on it a bit and remember why you love your car! dont get in trouble though. every time you do it, its a chance you are taking. i ride out third usually and then get out of it quickly. i also have a radar detector that i keep my eye on.

bottom line is dont do it every day but once in a while its just fun to open it up. :nice:

Man I open my car up all the way every time I drive it :shrug: LOL. And Im easy on my cars compared to some others :D My car for example has never been over 120MPH...atleast by me. :flag:

But hey im glad you really enjoy it when you do get to open her up :)

mine sees the floor once a day it keeps the doctor away :nice:

I love boost although i went back to 9psi for the winter time. Im going to save the motor a lil before summer. dont wanna blow it up till i am ready for the new motor.

i have alot of city driving conditions around here. i definatly see boost many times every time i drive the car. it feels great and is fast and passing by everyone even rolling into the gas at half or 3/4 throttle. i just dont floor it for full boost everytime i drive it. probably about every other time i drive it....lol!:D

I find more and more that I don't always floor it when I drive the 97 GT. I'll often do part throttle runs through the gears, just listening to the exhaust. Especially when the engine is cold and I can hear a bit of a gurgle from the exhaust between shifts. If I am getting on the gas, I'll almost always shift before 4000 because the torque and fun falls quickly after 4000. :notnice:

Driving the 2.3 is different... it's either full throttle or no boost at all. And I don't drive the 2.3 without planning to go full throttle several times. In some ways, it's been less fun since I put the nittos on. It really was too scary with the dry rotted radials, spinning to 60mph sometimes, but ohh so fun too.

Last week, I finished installing the nitrous kit on the 2.3 and wanted to make sure it works before going to the track, only a 45 shot. I left a stop light gently and about half way through the intersection I punched it, from about 20mph, not really knowing what to expect. The car hurdled forward, spinning the tires lightly, with me basically in shock. About as quickly as I could react, I bumped it to 2nd at 45mph (just shy of the rev limiter). Just a hair later, I let off the gas and looked down to see 55mph. A small cough... "it works". :eek:

I'm a bit more used to it now, so it must be time to install the 85 jets. :nice: