found a mustang converible 1972 that I want to buy(restoration) need help

mustang-1-jpg.612641

found this 1972 mustang The entire bottom and suspension is rusted, and I do mean rusted. Tie rods and other parts of steering don't have a place to attach to because rusted out.
Is it possible to take the suspension and chassis from this other mustang and switch the car frame(top is an automatic, bottom is standard)
mustang-2-jpg.612642

• Sponsors (?)

You can buy the frame rails and all the other metal but this is going to be a major job ,y ou have to ask your self if you are able to tackle somthing like this
i know it is, and i don't know but im gonna try worst case scenario i turn the car into a desk or a couch or something.
i was just wondering if it would be possible to swap chassis since i can get the 2 of them for less than 6k or would it be easier/cheaper to buy the frame rails an all that?

There is no chassis to swap, it is a unibody car. If the second car is solid, it would be easier, ( but still very involved), to swap out the convertible parts. Still a lot of cutting and welding, and reinforcing the coupe chassis.

If you have never restored a vehicle before I suggest you find an old pickup truck or a car with a seperate frame to start with, much easier restoration, and a very good learning experience. The older the better. Then if you don't like it when you're done, sell it and find a Mustang to do.

Reactions: 1 user